Sertraline side effects

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all,

I know your going to tell me that im posting this waaay to soon, but i guess im just looking for some reassurance more than anything..

I started taking 50mg sertraline on Saturday, on sunday i had a big panic attack. It was weird, i was on a road and i knew where i was, but i wasnt concentrating, when i looked up i couldnt work out where i was (I wasnt driving) and the confusion caused me to have a big panic attack.

All day this morning i have felt a buzz of anxiety that wont subside. I feel worse than i did before i started - My question is, do you think that after only 2/3 doses i can feel this way because of sertraline, or do you think this is just my normal anxiety that i am blowing out of proportion? I definatly definatly feel different to usual (before meds)

Thank you all

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Definitely!

I started taking them and within two days I was getting chest heaviness and pain along with the dreaded attacks. I even had to phone 111 because I was convinced I was having a heart attack. They got a doc to call me back ASAP who confirmed that the medication I was on (sertraline) can make you feel like this. Two weeks later and I am a lot better! Haven’t had an attack for a while now. Hang in there, it gets worse before it gets a whole lot better! Xx

• Posted

Really good to hear this, I am on day 5 of dose Increase to 50mg and feel rubbish. I just want to read I bed all day but have things to do later. Hopefully it would pass in the next few days
    • Posted

I’m in the second week of increase to 50 mg. 8-9 days passed. I feel better,  my mood rocks😀 only heart racing left but I believe it will end soon! X I dont think to increase the dosage anymore if there is no change in my mood. Cause I dont want to live these sympthoms againsad  my first week was horrible. I started with 25 mg but every night I woke up with nocturnal panics. I could not eat anything for 2 weeks. My sleep was also horrible, not a healthy sleep. After 2 weeks I felt better and increased the dosage to 50 then the other side effects started. Pray for them to go away cause I liked this medicine and I dont want to leave it for these reasons. By the way I am trying to get pregnant and my doc told me that it is the safest drug so we can use it. Does anyone use it during pregnancy?

• Posted

That's fab. I'm say 5 of increase dose to 50mg and hoping the side effects pass. When did your mood improve after dose Increase?

• Posted

The second week of increasing I was fine,  but every other day it gets better. No panic, no worries, happy, hopeful😍 just try to stick on it and be patient, at the end of the 4 th week everything will be ok and we are gonna feel awesomesmile 

• Posted

I'm looking forward to It, I've come on my period today too which isn't helping matters 😠 hope things continue to get better for you x

• Posted

Ps with regards to getting pregnant, I know that many people take it throughout pregnancy with no issues, I got postnatal depression following the birth of my 3 year old, I got in to a right state mentally as gp kept telling me I couple take anything, wish I had more info then.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.