Seven days away from ONE year anniversary of revision...

Posted , 7 users are following.

OMG...seven days away from the one year anniversary of shoulder revision surgery and the supraspinatus ripped off again while doing something that should NOT have caused the failure again.  Lost ROM, e.g., reach, raise, lift hand/arm overhead.  Pronounced pain over the repair site bone/tendon.  Speechless.  Messaged the surgeon.  This week another MRI, create a new plan of attack and set course on the plan.   Another summer wasted. sad 

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had my surgery as planned on Tuesday I am so pleased after freeing things up removing debris my Surgeon was able to do a repair rather than having to apply a,patch. The cuff was very much retracted but was able to. fix it using extra anchors Some diagonally to give it a better chance He says now it is up to how it heals At 75 more of a problem than were I younger. Says a lot of hard work ahead with Physio etc

Pain wise I am managing fairly well Sleeping sitting upright position Poor first night but better last night

Been in shower and the arm is pretty bruised.

I am very positive that this will resolve all the pain I have endured over the post 2+ years Will keep you posted

Sue

• Posted

Sounds good! A double row of anchors that's the extra screw and diagonal stitches. My surgeon did double row of anchors for my revision surgery. Slow and steady now for you!! Ice ice and more ice. Keep cooling it off for pain relief. Happy for you,!!

• Posted

Thanks for your advice Just wanted to make sure I don't injure it in any way

Been looking at a few.service and advice. So far so good I think This would be my last chance so not taking anything for granted. My brother is in the US since 1976 40+ years

All my family think I am doing well.More iceing it tomorrow pm

Love Suex Hope your problem is settling

• Posted

Thanks for your advice Just wanted to make sure I don't injure it in any way

Been looking at a few.service and advice. So far so good I think This would be my last chance so not taking anything for granted. My brother is in the US since 1976 40+ years

All my family think I am doing well.More iceing it tomorrow pm

Love Suex Hope your problem is settling

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.