severe anxiety 20 years old

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have bad anxiety since I can remember I am currently 20 years old 

I get the random panic attacks and they last really long I can't remember having a short one 

It seems to amplify my emotions (except for happiness) I suffer around 3 to 4 panic attacks a day most of the time there bad 

I can't think I feel like exploding 

like im going to die

it's so early in my life and I don't know how I can deal with this 

My father so has severe anxiety 

Idk I guess Im looking for some advice 

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jonathon.

Have you spoken to your doctor? Have you thought if counselling like CBT?

Many of us here find guided meditation audits off YouTube very beneficial for relaxation or calming us down when we are not feeling to great...Perhaps you could give that a go?

I have just finished reading a book(for the 4th time) by Paul David..It's called At last a life and it explains anxiety/panic disorder and how he went about ridding himself of it after suffering 10 years. That book,this forum and my facebook support group have been a God send to me.

We are all here to offer support and reassurance if you need us. I know you have suffered a while but you can get through this and over it xxx

• Posted

Hi Gillian,

This sounds like a book I should be reading..did it really help you? xxx

• Posted

Oh gosh Eva..yes..it certainly did and when I read it,everything clicked into place..like a eureka moment...Sounds a bit over the top but that's just how it was. It makes so much sense..how he explains his anxiety/depression and how he eventually got through it!!! 

You can pick it up on amazon for next to nothing or download it to your kindle if you have one xxx

• Posted

Thanks Gillian..I'll look it up..I've got nothing to lose.  I started a thread about quitting prozac and starting it again this last 3 weeks..if you read it maybe you have some advice?  oxox Thanks for your help hon x
    • Posted

Thank you so much Gillian...I really needed this right now xoxo
  • Posted

Hi Johnathon,

I know how you are feeling it started with me when I was about 18 and only got worse but eventually I had to go on meds...I went on prozac and it saved me.  Don't feel ashamed if you need help, it's a chemical imbalance in the brain, if you were injured you would seek help, no different than our brains and we can't help it.  I'm going through it all over again this last 3 weeks as I went off my Prozac thinking I was better and it's been a nightmare..severe anxiety, the whole nine yards and I went back on the prozac just a little  over 3 weeks ago and it hasn't kicked in and I'm hoping it will.  I think you should start by talking to your doctor and going from there...you are not going to die..I have to tell myself that right now because I'm feeling it too and I do understand where you are coming from.  You will be ok, there is help out there and people who genuinley care.  Go and see your doctor, talk to someone about it...it's a good start and you will get better smile  I hope this helps make you feel better.

• Posted

I have been to a doctor i am currently prescribed xanax it does help but it has its side effect that o really dislike I feel as if I'm losing memory or my brain is forgetting important things and I cant remember day they seem like dreams 

It really helps knowing I'm not the only one thats suffering from this 

it's hard to talk to other ppl because they just don't understand

this did help my I'm glad I posted on this Web site 

• Posted

I totally understand, don't feel ashamed of it...it's not your fault.  Have you tried prozac? smile

• Posted

My doctor is trying new medication with me but so far no luck 

it just sucks how a pill is needed to feel like everyone else 

• Posted

No I don't think so...google it, it may be something that could help you..it takes a while to fully get into your system.
    • Posted

I know it does but once you accept it you'll feel better...I don't like it either but we take pills for a headache, it's no different really.  Don't worry..there's nothing wrong with you..I understand smile
    • Posted

Thank you for your help and advice 

I appreciate it 

not everyday that I get advice about this 

Your right once I accept it it will no longer bother me 

I actually never really looked at it like that 

• Posted

No problems Johnahon.  You can't help it, it's not your fault so go with it and get the help you need, you will find something that will click with your body. I totally know what you are going through.  I hope you are feeling a little better today!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.