Severe anxiety and panic attacks before and during period?

Posted , 18 users are following.

Hello there I am a 20 year old female I’ve been dealing with bad anxiety for the last 11 months now. I’ve been off and off medication since. I was wondering if any other girl/women experiences worse anxiety/panic before and during your menstrual cycle? I feel i I do 😕 it gets really bad that I feel like I’m loosing it someone please help and tell me what’s going on I hate this so much I find myself okay and than the next moment suffering from an intense panic attack I feel like lately my symptoms have been wise 😢 any tips ? 

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi alex38985

I wanted so much to ask the same thing today too.

Before and during period my anxiety is all over the place and I want to cry and just left alone . I have this awful headaches and lightheadness. 

It seems that we are a lot with this. I found  out that when I am on birth control pills I get through periods a lot easier . 

Also meditation and a walk to the beach . Just by sitting there and letting everything go away as you breath . And sun . Lots of sun ! 

Good luck 

And patience . 

• Posted

Hi all, I just recently start having panic attacks they wasn’t as bad as now.. I just notice they have really been Intense like a week ago. They started being intense on April 30th and I just started my period today May 9th.. it had be totally hell and scary.. did the get intense because of my period?? Again this is all new to me. I just want to feel like my normal self again. 
  • Posted

Hi all, I just recently start having panic attacks they wasn’t as bad as now.. I just notice they have really been Intense like a week ago. They started being intense on April 30th and I just started my period today May 9th.. it has been totally hell and scary.. did they get intense because of my period?? Again this is all new to me. I just want to feel like my normal self again. 

• Posted

Hi Alex 

Yes it happens to me alot specially during period or 2 days before.

Hate it 

My doctor recomended Prozac and its working also excercise and relaxing when I have a chance.

What I feel is that I cant breath im goin to get a heart attack, I get light headed sometimes i even feel like i cant take a step like my joints spasam

Hopefully your case is not like mine

But 2 days after my period im back to normal 

And anxity is always at night prozac helps me..!!

Your Not Alone thought i was nice to hear im not the only one. 

Take Care and take it easy.!!

• Posted

I fully understand what your going through chances are its estrogen dropping and hormones are going hay wire all of a sudden. How's your diet? Do you get strange or intense cravings around your cycle? How's your sleep patterns? Get more rest. It doesn't hurt to test for Iron ,Magnesium, vitamin D, electrolytes B12 deficiencies as well as blood sugar and blood pressure. Whenever I get panic attacks sometimes I'll eat something that has good fats sea salt or protein that makes me feel better I know that also balances my blood pressure. When I get low blood pressure I get panic attacks and if I eat more stable the day Plus getting 8 hours of sleep my panic attacks are greatly decreased and so is my anxiety that's my tip to you I hope it works.

• Posted

Thank You So Much 😇ill get tested as soon as i can and get more rest. Loved to hear from some one, sorry for my bad spelling.

Thank You!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.