Severe bloating

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all STILL waiting for my appointment to even get in the system for my gallbladder and its multiple stones.

Despite working with a dietician and naturopath and trying everything in the meantime, I am down to a tiny bit of coconut yogurt, not often with 3 nuts and blueberries ( dont tolerate dairy)  but cannot have this more than a few days or GERD returns and chicken with a tiny bit of rice and cooked veg, thats about it. My symptoms are mainly IBS and reflux and being diagnosed with GERD led them to my gallbladder eventually. Its full of mobile stones upto 1.5 cm.

I have lost 13kg so far since October. 

Bloat is my new symptom and has been come ALL the time, when I eat. I went out for lunch with my friend and had a burger on half a gluten free bun and sweet potato fries,  as I have been able to tolerate  this so far as long as its not more than once every 2-3 weeks or so, havent had it in ages and 30 mins later bloat, but so severe my stomach hurt and swelled and I ate it at 12.40 lunch time, couldnt eat dinner that evening as so bloated and full and was still the same by 11.30pm, woke this morning and although bloat has eased my stomach is full of gas and feels still full!

Do I need to get this rechecked? I appear to be getting worse, despite trying everything sad 

Even a cup of tea leaves me full

I have very little pain other than stomach ache with the bloating, do get niggly cramps under my rib but this isnt always and more annoying than anything and only had one attack under rib like a knife stuck,  since being diagnosed and that was with 2 lamb sausages at Xmas. I have been told to go straight to hospital if I get a severe attack with pain, so although the bloat isnt comfortable and hurts, it isnt a knife pain which would lead me to emergency!

Is bloating a normal progression as its causing me so much issues, I dread eating even more now and even drinking a full cup of tea leaves me full, its getting me down.

2 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

ok my last comment is being moderated and no idea why, did mention the name of my new enzymes so maybe why?

Bloating has eased, but have changed my digestive enzymes, maybe the reason? Only slight now, still feel full very quick and still slightly bloated, but not the full intense tummy aching bloat, although reflux is hit and miss but staying mild and tolerable. I have also tried pork sausages a few times( organic butchers) and a little 90% dark chocolate which I miss and all good so far smile

I still dont feel 'well' and my stomach still churns and bubbles and is full of gas, but if that bloat stays away its tolerable.

Only mild sensation under ribs, so overall feeling better than last week!

• Posted

Hi Star, I'm glad the pain has eased a little for you. I find that I can manage some little treats as long as I don't pig out on anything and generally I'm pretty sensible on what I eat and how much I eat.

Look after yourself and continue to do what you're doing to ease the pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.