Severe Constipation following surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello I have already posted on this website about my ovarian cysts which were removed on Monday 3rd March. It is now day 8 since my surgery and I am suffering from severe constipation which along with the pain of recovering from my op is making me very uncomfortable. I have tried a suppository and Senna tablets during my hospital stay, Resulting in a very small amount of relief on day 5. Since returning home I have tried Senokot tablets and prune juice with no results. I am trying to eat sensibly, and am now desperate for any advice which will result in some real relief. Before leaving the hospital yesterday I was assured that they could hear bowel sounds and that my stomach should settle down, although it is still very distended (I have a large vertical scar).. Any advice would be appreciated thank you.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi jenny, yes it will take 2 months. My auntie who had a surgery as well because of 8cm dermoid cyst i guess 3 yrs ago has vertical incision has well and she said that its hard compare to bikini cut or horizontal cut,.

Its still hard to sit down for me, but i dont want to be always in bed. Lol wink i want to go the mall, and walk,. My next appointment with my doc will be on april and she made a silly joke on me to get pregnant soon. Haha.

I hope we get well soon wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.