Severe disability premium ESA.

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi, 

Has anyone any experience of claiming the severe disability premium of ESA and if so how long it took to process from them receiving the forms back?.

Thank you.

x

1 like, 68 replies

68 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

All I can tell you is that on the form you returned if you have stated that you have a carer or use of within then they will automatically disallow it .The form I completed took less than 2 minutes.and this was behalf of someone else who genuinely does not have a carer.If this scenario is applicable then its normally 2/3 weeks.If not then you should badger them 
    • Posted

That is not true. It doesn't matter if you have a carer. Part of the Criteria is if someone CLAIMS Carers Allowance for looking after you, then you won't get SDP. You can have a carer without them claiming carers allowance.

• Edited

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Myself and my sister both receive the income related ESA and pip enhanced on both parts. However, as we live with our mum was told we were not entitled to the SDP. Since then my mum has been awarded pip daily care standard and higher motability. We now have been looking and myself and my sister should now be entitled to SDP. I am waiting on the form to be sent and my sister did hers over the phone. I know now we are entitled with a back pay of 2 years. My question is on the form it asks do we pay or receive any money for food or rent. We do not as its our mothers house and we buy our own food. Should answering no affect this? Also we dont own any properties. Just wondering as we said no to not paying them for food or rent does thus affect getting SDP. Hoping answering no has not stopped us we just would like this to pay for care. Any advice on what we tick is grateful

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.