Severe disability premium ESA.

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi, 

Has anyone any experience of claiming the severe disability premium of ESA and if so how long it took to process from them receiving the forms back?.

Thank you.

x

1 like, 68 replies

68 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

hi sorry to gate crash but could anyone help my i get6 the standard dayily living rate on pip does that mean my esa money will go up as long as i have informed them?
    • Posted

I'm not really qualified to answer as i get enhanced pip ,buti'm pretty sure you will get SEVERE DISABILITY PREMIUM , If you are in receipt of PIP ....BUT dont quote me on that

• Posted

It also depends what ESA entitlement you have , if you are in support group then YES if your are in work group then NO
  • Posted

Hi could you tell me if sdp goes in on any day or with esa. Thanks
    • Posted

Yes it's paid on top of your ESA but you have to apply for it, it's not automatically awarded. This is because it has criteria and not everyone is eligible to claim it.

• Posted

Hi sorry i didnt explain myself properly. Iv already applied for sdp i was just wondering when payments would start. I applied last friday by telephone. She told me i would be getting it. I was wondering will the first payment start when my next esa goes into my account wich is next wednesday or can it go in anyday as i was told only takes 6 days. Thankyou
    • Posted

You'll recieve a letter telling you that it's been added to your ESA. You should also recieve some backpay depending on when you became eligible. If this is owed then it would be paid seperate to your ESA and then payments are added on your next payment, whether this would be next week for you i have no idea. The only ones that can really answer your questions would be ESA, i'm afraid.

• Posted

Thankyou. Iv called them today it hasnt even been sent over 😕 yes il be getting backdated to june 2016.

• Posted

Does anyone know how long it takes for back pay to go into your account thankyou
    • Posted

I'm afraid only they can answer that question. Give the a call when they open if they've sent it then they'll tell a date when it does in.

• Posted

Has anyone had problems with there claim. I filled form in by telephone two weeks ago friday. They said all good il be getting payment with my next esa payment witch is today. I called friday just gone to check how it was going she emailed them and also requested a call back for me within 24 hoirs wich i didnt get. I called them today and theyv said they have nothing down of me filling form in on the phone or any other calls previous so iv had to do it all again 😣 is ther anyone higher up i could speak too

• Posted

I'm surprised they've filled it in over the phone to be honest because that's not what they usually do. What they do is send YOU the foem in the post for you to fill in and return. If i were you then i'd ring again and ask them to send you the form IS10 because if you don't then this could take forever. I wouldn't trust anyone at DWP to do anything over the phone. How do you know they're just telling you a fob story?? Times vary as to how long payment will take. When i started claiming this a few years ago mine was a nightmare too because they kept telling me they never recieved the form, when i know i sent 2 of them. It took about 7 weeks for them to sort it out. DWP are a nightmare. Ring and ask for that form before they close today, is my best advice. If you know you're entitled to it because the criteria is strict and quite complex, then at least they'll back date you to when you were first entitled to it. Just intime for xmas.

• Posted

Thanks for reply. Its all stressing me out the woman actually read out email she was sending them and everyrhin as im waiting on back pay so i can move house. And ther is no record of it at all or call back. They seem so helpful but obviously not concentrating on their job etc. All they had to do was press send over to birkenhead office its a joke. Il call them again thankyou x
    • Posted

I'll never ever trust DWP to fill anything out over the phone. They usually send the IS10 form out which i can't understand why they didn't. The reason they do this is because SDP has criteria and not everyone is eligible to recieve it so they have to do their checks first. Hopefully it will be sorted out soon for you. x

• Posted

Iv called them today AGAIN. It has definatly been sent off she got it up on the screen so should hear from them by next wednesday fingers crossed x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.