Severe fatique but am down to 1 mg pred and still on methotrexate

Posted , 14 users are following.

So why am I so exhausted now. Been down to 1 mg for 6 days and am o-k with only some pain but can hardly get out of my own way. Pmr for over 1 year and so glad I am able to get to 1 mg but what is with the tired feeling. I could stay in bed the whole day it seems. Nothing stressful going on so what is wrong?

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

New to forum; so thankful to have found it.  PMR for about a year and a half.  Prednisone was taken and felt so much better for a couple of months.  Have taken paquenal, methotrexate, and currently on leflunomide, also am on 9 mg. of prednisone.  I, too, experience extreme fatigue, mood swings, and no desire to do anything fun or homewise.  So tired of feeling this way!  I've concluded that I will neev
    • Posted

This is truley an illness for only the brave. I never heard of pmr till i got it. Never had such pain, mood swing. tired all the time and do not even like to shop. I said if someone gave me a bunch of money and told me to go shopping I would have to turn them down. Never had something that took everything out of me like this. Hope you feel well or better soon.
    • Posted

You're right, not for sissies and am not feeling very brave at this time.  Often wonder if I ever will be totally pain free.  Not a fun way to start retirement!  I don't know anyone else except an ex-sister-in-law that sufferes from PMR.  She, however, is in a semi-remission and not having difficulties that I've had.  Am quite certain people assume we are lazy hypochondriacs, but if they only knew.  Hope you feel better soon, too.
  • Posted

well done, but what dose did you start on, it does not seem a long time to me,. but i am still a newbie, i have been on 10mg for 7 months and still trying to get to nine.

Hope you keep well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.