Severe Pain after Shoulder tenodesis and shoulder replacement

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had a total shoulder replacement and biceps tenodesis on 28 February and it is now May 9h. Is it normal to still have severe pain in my upper arm and pain radiating to my elbow and forearm? I am also getting neck spasms on a daily basis - is this normal?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

After reading some of these posts on knees and shoulders, I consider myself lucky. My knee surgeon was the one that came up with the muscle sparing technique. No cutting down the middle of the knee through muscle and tendons. Makes a small incision on the lateral side and moves everything aside putting in the prosthesis under the muscle. I was back in the pool swimming laps in 2 weeks. As for my shoulder, he's strict about a sling for 6 wks, PT was the very next day with only passive ROM by the therapist and for 6 wks only dangling and pendulum swings. Now ive progressed to a little more active therapy. Gentle and slow. You have to let the body heal itself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.