Severe stomach pain after eating 7 weeks.. Please help!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

It started 7 weeks ago after returning from a trip to New Zealand to visit my family. All of a sudden I felt pain all through my abdomen on evening and then very bloated and it got worst from there. It got to the point where I couldn't eat any food at all without my stomach feeling like it was about to explode, so painful! I'm a 37 year old female, 5ft 4, and now under 100lb. I've lost about 18lb in 7 weeks. I have never been sick like this before. I don't drink, I don't smoke, and I exercise at least 3 days a week. The doctor said its most likely inflammation pr ulcer and gave me a PPI. My blood tests came back normal and I tested negative for H.Pylori. After a while the acid reduced and I was able to eat small snack sized soft foods throughout the day without the exploding feeling. Last night I tried to add ground chicken to plain rice and my stomach flared up again.. nightmare! I hope it settles back down soon. All I can safely eat is yogurt, eggs, apple sauce, and thats about it.  I finally have an ultrasound booked for Thursday, I'm hoping it can eliminate a few things, or figure out the problem. I don't find mornings the worst, which it seems is more common for ulcers/inflammation, so I wonder if that's even what I have. Anyone have any ideas on what I should be doing? this is unbearable!! Will it ever go away?

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi there...i know its late . but how are u now. was the endoscopy and ultrasound done. wat was ur diagnosis. hope you r doing well dear. i am suffering from same.

• Posted

All you can do is wait for your ultrasound and follow whatever advice and treatment your doctor suggests. Your doctor will tell you whether or not it will go away. The prognosis will be different for everyone because everyone's circumstances are individual to them.

Ask for further tests or see other doctors if your tests come back normal and you are still not better. Try a food diary to see what other foods irritate your stomach and avoid your trigger foods. Try relaxation techniques such as deep breathing and try to distract yourself with a hobby or light exercise to take your mind off your stomach. Keeping as calm as possible helps with stomach complaints. Stress often can aggravate symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.