Severe tingling, burning + pain in both legs

Posted , 205 users are following.

​​

H​i everyone,

I've been having severe tingling and pain in both my legs (toes, feet, calves and knees) for about seven months now. On running a few tests, I found six months ago that I was deficient in vitamins B12 and D, which was set right. The neurologist said my symptoms were due to the deficiency, however, the condition has steadily worsened in spite of the deficiency being rectified.

Here are the tests I've done:

Vitamin B12 and D: Levels stable for the last 4 months

Thyroid: Normal

Sodium, calcium, potassium: Normal

Iron: Normal

Bloodwork, ANA, dsDNA all normal.

Rheumatoid factor negative.

The pain is worse at night and while lying down. The docs have told me I've got Restless Leg Syndrome. I took Pregabalin for about a month and Ropinirole for ten days but both didn't help with the tingling - in fact the side effects were terrible.

I'm not on any medication as of now and the pain + tingling has worsened, now almost constant, like there's electricity shooting up my legs all the time. I'm unable to do anything physically exerting like climbing stairs. Walking makes my feet hurt terribly (which I believe is not the case in RLS?).

Does anyone have suggestions to confirm the diagnosis? Is there something I'm missing? I'm due for an LS MRI, but the docs have said it is most likely to come clear.

Thanks a ton!

17 likes, 568 replies

568 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

THIS IS A TERRIBLE FEELING. STARTED FEELING BURNING HEAVY FEET 3 MONTHS AGO. I HAD AN ACCIDENT 16 YRS AGO , BROKE MY LEG AND HAVE A PLATE RUNNING DOWN FROM KNEE TO ANKLE.

I WONER IF THEY ARE RELATED.

BUT THEN THE FEELING IS ON BOTH LEGS

• Posted

verybad feeling I've been suffering for the last 15 years the surgeon told me he feels sorry for me as u will experience all different pains through life and he's very true

• Posted

I don't know if this will help but I have had severe hip, leg, and foot pain for nearly a year.  I have enxhausted most serious medical interventions.  I have seen my foot, back, and neck surgeons with an all is well,  I have had lumbar and hip x-rays and MRIs.  I saw a rheumatologist and he gave me shots for bursitis in my hips.  I saw my doctor/nurse practictioner and she suggested magnesium supplements and exercises for bursitis.  So.... I have been able to sleep with only R hip pain and my night pain is narrowed to only my left foot and it is mild.  Almost a miracle since for a year I was in complete agony at night. 

• Posted

Hi ive been suffering from rls since childhood and now it's only become worse, and it gets severe during the nights i literally have to hang my legs in air for some relief. What i realised was foot gets driedup lack of humidity and the electric socks begin after some thinking i devised arelief which is simple... Iuse natural coconut oil rub it throughly on foot bottom and whole leg. U might wanna try out this method you might get some relief.

• Posted

Hello to you all.

After trying all the usual meds for this stinging/burning feeling in my legs and feet without any real success I have recently been given some "cetraben" dermatological cream (basically a moisturising cream) and it has helped me tremendously. I also suspect that the problem could be related to too much histamine possibly produced by the very drugs we use to cure the problem and wonder if an anti histamin tablet may help. All the best to everyone.

• Posted

Hi has anyone found a reason for this burning sensation I have it every night but only on a night!
  • Posted

Hi there,

I have these symptoms too.However I do have MS.You may not have this,and I sincerely hope you do not,but ask your GP for a whole body MRI scan to put your mind at rest.There is help out there if you have this.

• Posted

Hi, If you don't mind me asking, do you have lesions on your brain or spine or both? I have neuropathic pain in my legs. Because I only have tiny lesions on my brain ( a fair amount) and none in my spine and a clean L.P., the doctors say I do not have MS. I find this hard to believe.

• Posted

I feel your pain. I have been suffering from muscle pain since I was 14 yrs. old. I am 47 now and has been suffering from burning, needle pain all over my legs. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and prescribed lyrica. I tried gabapazine, neurotine, tramadol. Nothing takes the pain away. Sometimes I don't sleep at all cause the electricity on my legs. I have not sleep in days.

Doctors prescribed prednisone. I just want this pain to stop, people think is all in your head. Pain is real, I have isolated myself due to pain. Therapy, cold laser, chiropractic, aqua therapy, ice and heat  tens units , nothing take the pain away. I'm have not experienced 1 day without pain in 9 yrs. people don't know understand until they are in our shoes. Hoping for God's miracle to shine on me. Never give up.

• Posted

Emie, I'm sorry for the pain you have. Like you I haven't had a pain free year for 17 years.

It started as shooting pain in the bottom of my feet. I was a runner so I gave that up. Very little relief there.

Of course the pain started up my legs then fingers, hands and arms. I've been trying on just about every reuptake inhibiter known to man.

They prescribed oxy next but it just dulls the pain plus it's getting harder to get because the government is on a witch hunt due to increased opiate deaths

I'm in line to get a spinal cord stimulater. If it works I hope to get off the oxy.

I see that you have hope that God will give you a miracle. He is still in the miracle business. Have faith. Meditate on His word and release your pain to him. I've found that keeping my focus on Him makes me feel better.

God bless you! I pray that you feel better soon.

• Posted

Guys...

It is sciatica!!!!

Read a thread instarted 18 months ago.. i was days away from suicide.

Go to the dirtiest most chinese looking accupuncture shop you can find. I was cured

I found it was my l5 s1 through a lower spine MRI.

Please get this area massaged hard and also accupuncture

Please.. i really belive for most people it is sciatica!!

Read my first post even.. click on my profile...

• Posted

Hi, I am so pleased for you! I hope it lasts a life-time! It would be so perfect if others can benefit from this post! 🤗👏🏻

• Posted

Sounds like me. Ive had 2 parathyroid surgeries..it still didn't stop. I'm told bc I have primary hyperaldosterone..addrenal issue

• Posted

Hi, I feel your pain. For 5 years I've tried to find out why my legs burn during and after exercise. I had to almost diagnose myself.

Had back surgery 3 months ago for spinal stenosis thinking that was causing my pain. Did not help. Before surgery, I had a nerve test. Saying I have sensory nerophy. Have not seen a Dr yet.

Looking back I have fallen on my tailbone several times. Wander if that caused nerve damage?

What kind of medicines have helped others. Thanks. KENDRA

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.