Severely bloating for 18 months

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi, I'm just wondering has anyone suffered with the same symptoms as me and ever found a cure. About 18 months ago out of the blue my stomach started to bloat, more stomach distension. I was getting severe cramps and tugging feeling inside. Since then I have gotten a wide range of other symptoms like thrush, tiredness, brain fogginess p, nausea to name a few. These come and go but my severe bloating and cramps have been with me every single night since then. I thought it might've started from overuse of antibiotics. But this is me guessing. I have been to numerous doctors, nutritionists, allergy doctors but to no avail. I have tried ever diet under the sun and they relief some symtoms but not bloating and overall unwell feeling. I've had all the medical tests too. I have been off sugar and grains since January and also fodmaps. I have always been so strict but it's getting harder when nothing working. I tried some medication for bacteria and have been on nystatin a few months also for yeast. Not one person has done a stool test etc to check for parasites or yeast. They all just guess and give up when no improvement. It is getting me so down I'm not sure what to do next. Last thing I can think of is parasites. I have found the Irish medical system useless and I am constantly left on my own to figure it out. I was thinking of going to England maybe but it all costs. Anyone else suffer like this. In 18 months I think I have about 5 nights where symtoms not as bad. I was even put on 2 wk severe detox but no no avail. Losing hope and getting me down. Any advice appreciated. Thanks

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Has anyone tried a book called "No More IBS!" by Maryon Stewart?  It's a Women's Nutritional Advisory Service Programme and I was wondering whether to give it a go.
    • Posted

Without knowing any history I of your condition I would prefer to try the diet that has been developed relatively recently by Monash University in Australia and adopted for many ibs treatments in US and UK     This is the FODMAP diet.   I think its best to see a GP before trying the diet and getting some support to make sure you get full details and some help to do it.   You need to make sure that your not suffering from some other condition that might be even more serious than ibs.  If your are sure you have ibs and have tried the FODMAP diet without success then I'm sure lots of people would love to hear how you go with this book.   There are differences in the approach,  For example the No More IBS book excludes citrus fruit whereas the FODMAP diet allows oranges, mandarines and lemons.  So its one or the other.

Good luck

Graham

• Posted

Definitely sounds like ibs. I take buscopan, their the only thing that works for me and you can take up to 8 a day if the cramps are bad. They also help if your constipated, helps move things around quicker and relaxes your body for you to feel comfortable.
  • Posted

hi

i find bloating is caused by pasta, mushrooms, green veg.onions, prawns,beer,dates,figs. sometimes need to be off these for a while before bloating reduces. iv cut my tea n coffeee and better for that too. hope something here helps.

graham

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.