Sex drive

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi, any ideas anyone on how to get the sex drive back during menapause. Don't really know who to talk to about this so after joining the other discussion thought I would ask on here. It's worrying me a lot although my husband is very understanding I feel guilty, yes that is the word. Then I feel well I already have enough to contend with. Any thoughts ladies?

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi jokey

In the same boat! To start with after my hysterectomy I put on loads of weight which made me totally hate myself. I've now lost loads of weight and feel sexier, but I'm sooooo exhausted all the time that I really don't fancy sex at all.

Like you my husband is very understanding, but I also feel guilty!!!

Not much help really I'm afraid, maybe it's just what happens? I'm only (?!) 46 and used to adore sex. All a bit sad really!!!! Grrrrrr.

• Posted

Thanks Liz, you are helping me just by replying and I knowthat I am not alone with this. It is ironic that you are feeling so sexy now, but you just cant feel it can you. We had a brilliant sex life too but if I am honest I think I started struggling when I was your age butI tried my best and for about the last few years It has got less and less. It is sad and really annoying. Thanks, Liz..
  • Posted

Im divorced now, but didn't have much of a sex drive when I was married before Peri even hit! Guess that's why I'm divorced! 😁

• Posted

That made me laugh colleen😁😁Maybe you were just with the wrong man. Hope you find someone great, soon ?

• Posted

HRT can really help this, take things slowly and buy extra lubrication if you need it, painful liasons will not help your desire levels at all.

Good luck x

• Posted

I use replens every 3 days (vaginal cream) and when we do have

sex we use lubrication, so all good there. Stressed out big time at

the moment (family stuff) so that is not helping, things pretty bad

just now. I wont give up, will think of something😊😊

• Posted

Cant take HRT, high blood pressure!😕😕

• Posted

Hmm sorry to read this - stress will be your worst enemy right now (well anytime but I found much moreso at this time of life), take time to perhaps give each other a massage and hold off with anything further. Perhaps there is a type of hormone replacement that will not interact with high bp?

Look into it all, this is not fair for you at all.

There is a brilliant lady on the forums with much knowledge, her name is Matron and sure she will not mind me sharing her name, she has helped me so much.

Loui x 

• Posted

Thank you Rhino. Your reply has made me feel better as I never talk

about it to anyone. You are right about the stress, I know that but I

can't see it lessening in the foreseeable future as it is family stuff.

Massage sounds nice, told husband and he said he would like that

but would never be able to hold off lol😂😂

Don't know about the hormone thing really should ask doc but to be

honest they have been next to useless!

Will try to get in touch with Matron, anyone who knows anything😊

All the best to you.

• Posted

Do you have to have vaginal sex?  Think creatively and be generous.  There will be a time when he returns the favor.   ;-)

• Posted

Hi.

I went on a dry spell for 6 years. Lucky for me I was single then and brining up my kids.

He moment my doctor put me on HRT it was like a raging bull had awoken.

There is no use trying if u r not feeling it. Try femarelle a natural remedy. I used it while in a HRT break and worked pretty well.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.