Sex problems

Posted , 10 users are following.

I had a hysterectomy and posterior and anterior vaginal repairs just over a year ago. We have tried to have intercourse twice over the year but both times we had to stop as it was so painful for me. It feels like there is not enough room for my husbands penis inside. I don't know if I will ever be able to have sex again! Has anyone else had this problem?

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It sounds like we have had the same surgery and have had similar problems.. It has been 11 months now for me. I am still having problems but am finally seeing some improvements. This is what I have done. I had phyisisal therapy for 7 months. I continue with exercises for strengthen the pelvic floor.I walk 4 times a week with my 90 year old mother in law. So I don't walk fast but have had a wonderful opportunity getting to know her. In June I had an allergice reaction to the soap that I was washing the devices with. I thought I had an infection. The surgeon sent me some different devices. I was instructed to use them for 6 weeks twice a day.I am better but not totally with out some discomfort at times. I went on a diet to fight inflamation. For 30 day I had no milk products, no grains, no starchy veggies, no added sugar. I lost 10 pounds and I feel like I got rid of some of my problems. I no longer can wear tight fitting underwear. My hubby loves that I am not wearing panty hose. I have had bouts of depression. But my bladder no longer is dragging on th e floor, my lower back no longer aches. I lost weight! I will probably have to continue the exercises for life. Am I total better? No, but I am progressing and I can see the that soon I will be good again.. I have sat all my girls down and insisted that they strength their inter core so they will not have to go through this.

• Posted

Thanks Cindy59828! On one hand it is very disheartening to hear that it has taken you 11 months to finally to the point you are at. On the other hand, it is nice to know that eventually everything should start working again. Call me naive, but I didn't know you could do physical therapy for this issue?

Another question for you if you don't mind? I am having terrible low backache. I had it some in the beginning and then eased up. Last week for some reason it started again. Some nights I can do nothing but curl up in a ball and cry as my husband sits helplessly by. I can't convince my surgeon how bad it is. Did you have any of this around 6 weeks out? If so, any advice?

• Posted

I thought I replied to you. If I haven't, please let me know.

• Posted

Good morning Moonwitch1!

I saw your answer to Cindy59828 about the pelvic floor exerciser. I guess I am naive , but what is this and where do you get it?

• Posted

My physio recommended one,there are several makes on the market,just google pelvic floor exercisers but they are not for everyone,been trying to contact my physio for some advice but she isn't there until next week

• Posted

I tired to reply to Lori with no success. At 6 weeks after surgery the doctor was unable to do a proper exam. He cauterine ( I don't like auto correct. should be a z) with silver nitrate.Och! I went back at 12 weeks and was examined again. Still hurt but could at least have an exam. That's when they sent me to a physical therapist. Best thing they could have done for me. If I had not had the set back because of a soap allergy I think I would be totally good now. I can't wear tight fitting panties and I can not sit in a hard chair for a prolong period but I can live with that .

• Posted

Let me explain. I had pelvic floor therapy to treat pelvic floor tension.I also had E Sem as well as palpitation to the pelvic floor. I was offered a vaginal Valium if I had needed it which I declined . After 6 sessions with the therapist I was advised to get devices to caliber the opening. Everything was going great until I developed an allergy to the soap I was washing them with. Then everything stopped while I got myself healed. I then under advise from my surgeon started with different rods and a very mild soap using them twice a day. I can now say that relations with my husband are back to normal as of this week. Yeah!
    • Posted

Hi Cindy59828! I saw my surgeon today and she couldn't answer why I am still in so much pain. Stitches are not gone yet. Sending me to physical therapy starting Monday. I V have been looking online to try and figure out what a therapist is going to do. Are you seeing a normal physical therapist? Or is there a special type of PT for this type of issue? Very nervous about this.

• Posted

The physical therapist is not what most people think of when they think of physical therapy. I am thankful for Micheal. She was very gentle and helpful. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.