Sexual assault

Posted , 4 users are following.

So after 18 months of CBT AND EMDR ive found the route cause of my sexual issues, Depression and PTSD

I repressed a memory from when i was 14 years old. I was seduced and had my virginity took by an older woman who was maybe early twenties at the time.

During sex she went down to my penis and when i looked down she had a knife there and said id better not tell anyone. She then cut my penis.

Ive only remembered this 23 years later. I Need advice. Ive found this woman on Fb.

My gut instinct is to report to the police. ive contacted a friend who ive not spoke to for over 2 decades who knew her / used to hang around with her at the same age and she did something similar to him.

My predicament is. Shes the mother of 3 children now. And reporting this to the police could ruin the girls lives.

Just looking for opinions / advice on what is the right thing to do.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

my Doctor here in the UK, says i suffer PTSD symptoms, if i was in say the USA, he said it would be called complex PTSD, as it happened years ago, but they dont recognize cPTSD in the UK, so he can't diagnose it, so he says i have PTSD symptoms,

• Posted

Im in the East Riding of Yorkshire UK Stephen.

My Counsellor recognoises PTSD. She is treating me for PTSD and it is working. I promise you can get fixed. Which city are you based in?

• Posted

My symptoms would be called cPTSD,. Which means complex PTSD, as it happened so long ago, 1970's,- mid 1980's, and some DOCTOR'S don't recognize that condition, I got told off 2 different DOCTOR'S in same surgery, so that's why they've tried me on loads of different tablets over the years, Escitalaporam are the best, but I also in lots of pain with arthritis, so I take 8 30mg dihydrocodeine a day, and 6 300mg gabapentin daily, and my 20mg Escitalaporam, sometimes I don't take them all, as I'm in the clouds, but if I need to get out and walk, I need most of them.

• Posted

Im back again, it's been a while, I'm on quite a bit of medication because of my arthritis and PTSD SYMPTOMS, so I get a bit drowsy sometimes, I've been having a as couple of days, had brilliant sunshine, but I'm too scared to go out, all the triggers I have seem to be working, So people on the street are looking at me like I'm crazy, and I can't say my heart's going to blow up, and I feel faint, or I'm mini hallucination, so I just stay in on my own, which gets me lonesome, so my mind wanders, And I'm back as a child being abused thinking WHY ME? I can't win, The paedo won my 50 yrs battle.

• Posted

Just going through a bad week or two, I'm sure it'll pass, I've got myself so far, just get on with it, there's others lot worse off than me, sorry for last post everyone, probably feeling sorry for myself,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.