Sexxxxxxx???

Posted , 18 users are following.

Ok hippies!

I have come here often and wrote many posts, really questions of My fears anxieties. I am truly thankful for everyone's advice, it has helped

Me so much just to take a breath and say hey it's normal at 2am to constantly get out of the bed because I need to stretch my hip/leg, sleep on my

Side

And than wind up in the kitchen doing my jigsaw puzzle with content and happiness. But I am 36 not married, I recently looked at the after joint replacement sex

Pamphlet...............,so I will never be able to do certain positions in bed or yoga? I have to use pillows ? What I'm mortified for asking but it's being lingering in the back of my

Mind and figured I'd ....... Lay it out there and get it over with! Lol

3 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Iv never heard any of that, what type of positions shouldnt we be doing? Xx
    • Posted

Sarah!!! Oh man! Well trying to be pc

Downward facing dog? Legs past 90 degrees?

Even when I'm healed totally?

Sarah, I was sent

Home with a folder of pamphlets and there is a "sex after joint replacement" booklet

It's also a odd u can grab off

Any search engine

• Posted

I dont know how long for after but dislocation can happen at any time. We were given no info on sex at a joint replacement 😕 xx

• Posted

So i looked into it. The only positions i can do due to my knee and back problems are the ones that you shouldnt do because can cause dislocation. My life doesnt this surgery make things fun 😂 xx

• Posted

🤔🤔🤔. What a dilemma! 😜 Right now, for me, that's the last thing on my mind!! After looking like a troll and not being able to shower, only those darn "sponge baths " , I doubt I'm attractive enough!! 😆😆. That's ok! First things first, heal, get out of this wheelchair & walker, and walk!! Hope you find the answers you need & ease your mind. 🤗 LD

• Posted

I was wounder about sex, I am 6 weeks post op. The hospital never gave me a booklet or nothing, so I don't know any the postion I can or can't do?

Hope your well!

• Posted

I've got to say that sexy I am not! At 13 weeks post op and 62 years young I've not even gone there yet! 

Like all hippies I've a ravishingly good looking scar, sleeping is still a nightmare and I too am terrified of the dreaded dislocation to try anything 'new'.

Having said that, I fell down a flight of concrete stairs today, twisted my ankle and have a lovely cut - but NO dislocation! 

Give it time and don't rush, gently does it xxx

• Posted

eekOh wow Kate! Take it easy and hold on to the rail...Feel better!

• Posted

Thanks Loral ! 

Feeling sorry for myself- ice packs on left ankle, right knee and bum, not my finest hoursad 

• Posted

O Kate are you sure your alright be careful

Have you been checked properly?

Love and hugs xxx🐇

• Posted

Just sore Anna, thanks for your concern smile 

Physio checked me over and I'll live, still on track to go back to work 26 September. I'm stubborn like that!! 

Love & hugs xxx

• Posted

This is the advice I got from Great Western Hospital in Swindon.

"Sexual intercourse maybe resumed 6-8 weeks after the operation. A side to side position with operated leg uppermost and supported by a pillow or your partner's thigh is usually comfortable. Please ensure your operate leg does not cross the midline. Men may find it more comfortable with their partners astride them. After 3-4 months, intercourse with the man into may be resumed, but women should avoid twisting their legs out too far."

My husband and I have not waited the 6 weeks! The supported thigh theory seems to work ok though I am I am taking it gingerly to say the least- but it works! I am 64 next week and my husband is 67 this weekend.  (Good lord how can someone like me married to someone that old?) Anyway pensionistas we are!

Interesting article in the Guardian today suggesting that  having sex  for men  over 50 or so  was a more likely to induce cardiac difficulties!! No problems of that nature for women though!

I am nearly 6 weeks post op. I am walking without sticks and on a lot of days I seem to be doing about 100000 steps without any trouble.  We have had a very hectic few days this last week - very sociable - too much wine- and I am definitely feeling tired as a result. So a couple of restful days coming up.  I am looking forward to being able to drive again- hopefully this weekend. 

I wish there was standardised advice though. All the stuff you read online and elsewhere about what can and cannot do is conflicted and confusing  and irritating!

Best wishes.

Marion 

• Posted

here's a guide of possible positions from someone - I forget who now ....

It all depends on if it's the man or woman who has had the new hip.

so on this chart, ladies must avoid the pictures with a red cross next to the 'female' (circle and cross) symbol, men avoid the red cross next to the 'male' (circle and arrow) symbol, 

We had fun experimenting with positions, quite a chuckle in fact.  Make it fun, and just abandon anything that is uncomfortable.

Best wishes

Graham - 🚀💃

• Posted

I am four weeks post op and have been wondering the same thing.  My poor boyfriend has been very patient, but I'm anxious to resume normal activity.   Meet with the surgeon tomorrow and I will ask him about it.   The Q and A page they gave me says 4 to six weeks so I'm hopeful.

• Posted

I waited till about 7 weeks because frankly i couldnt wait anymore and i felt horrible on my poor fiance. I just did positions that didnt involve me doing any movements so not to cause any embarrassing trips to A&E and being rescued by a paramedic stark naked 😉 We mainly just do a position were im lying on my stomach, works well for both of it and i assume its pretty safe 😊 xx

• Posted

My Sarah it like listening to my kid talk about it hearing you say that it funny ha ha . My hips feel normal now so l feel l could go back to whatever l wanted ....but now l have had my knee replaced l am back to no go for me. I forgot what it is ha ha ha . Not that it bothers me now l am 43 and been married 20 years its not that important because l am in more pain than l am anything else just now l can wait. But l understand you young ones. But just shows you how much hip replacements can turn your life upside down in everyway. My mind is to much on how much pain l.am in and how much sleep l am not getting.

X

• Posted

Hahaha well you are practically a relation to me now haha. You will be back at it when you're ready my lovely xxxx

• Posted

Pls keep me posted on this. Despite my name, I am female. Haha. Screwed up when signing up. Anyway I am 3 weeks post op and seeing my dr tomorrow. Too embarrassed to ask. According to internet, we can do missionary no problem. I hope that is correct?  Oh gosh. So glad someone else started this 😬

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.