Sexxxxxxx???

Posted , 18 users are following.

Ok hippies!

I have come here often and wrote many posts, really questions of My fears anxieties. I am truly thankful for everyone's advice, it has helped

Me so much just to take a breath and say hey it's normal at 2am to constantly get out of the bed because I need to stretch my hip/leg, sleep on my

Side

And than wind up in the kitchen doing my jigsaw puzzle with content and happiness. But I am 36 not married, I recently looked at the after joint replacement sex

Pamphlet...............,so I will never be able to do certain positions in bed or yoga? I have to use pillows ? What I'm mortified for asking but it's being lingering in the back of my

Mind and figured I'd ....... Lay it out there and get it over with! Lol

3 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks for staring this thread I thought about it a while back but to be honest with lack of sleep and leg pain I haven't had the urge.

Other half is a bit nervous of it all too - thanks for the guide Rocketman.  I will show him this so he knows what he can / can't do.  No Caveman moves in the heat of the moment 😜

• Posted

Thanks for starting this discussion - lots of useful information came from it - esp Graham's chart. It is good to review this as I head in for my 2nd hip to be done. We have managed a few different positions (thankfully on the 'approved' list) although I admit to being quite cautious the first times - esp with my unhappy 2nd hip.

But life is good for now. Then I get to experience all the post surgery fun again. I had my pre-op today and the anaesthetist hopes to tweak my morphaned dose a bit so that I don't have to suffer any attacks of 'killer fruit flies' this time around. 😨😵

Enjoy, everyone!

L

• Posted

The Ottawa General Hospital (in Ontario, Canada) actually hands out a "Sexual Activity" guideines book to pre-op hippies (maybe you can find it online).  

Honestly I think it's like anything else you do; you just have to be careful for your restrictions but once they are lifted, you can do whatever you want and just let your body be the judge (i.e. if it hurts, you're probably not ready for that ...)

• Posted

hi vettech, 

I always like this topic - there has been sevral discussions of course and lots of information about it - very creative solutions as well ... romance re-invented , lost of laughs and better relationships (This is my romantic side deciding this)...

So I will follow this one too ...

you will find a way - kind of exciting though?  Still crazy after all these years !

big warm hug to all of you and cherish the one you are with

renee

• Posted

You are so right Renee. I sometimes find it hard on the romantic side of my relationship, since i still have severe spine and knee problems it limits what i can do, and with the 2 added surgeries that limits more because i cant hold myself up. I often get very upset and feel worthless as well, i just keep thinking "im 20, i should be able to thrive at this but i cant" its so frustrating but we just get creative, what we cant do physically as well we make up for with added extras to the bedroom is you catch my drift 😉 but I guess im lucky as my Mr is very understanding, doesnt make me do anything im incapable with and feels horrendous is he accidently hurts me, considering my collarbone is still non united and vefy painful to touch it makes things interesting to work around 😂

I love your wisdom so much Renee. You always hit the nail on the head 😘😘 xx

• Posted

You are lucky Sarah but it very much seems that you deserve him and the reverse.

I've been through a few stretches that were challenging for my husband and I (after 43 yr married and 46 together, I guess so!). The point is that sex is a gift but love is way more than that and friendship and companionship see you through the tough parts in life together. It sounds as if you have that together too. Hopefully you will have easier times soon.

Take care lovely woman.

L

• Posted

I agree with you Linda l am only 43 bur been married 20 years and been with him longer and we have been through some tough times in our life that love is more important than anything. After 20 years going through IVF for 3 years of my life and years before that just trying naturally and everything to have a family and then at the end of it l have no family me and my husband formed a bind that makes us closer than anything so its love thats important to us more tvan anything. When the time is right l will do it again but there is no hurry for us as we have been through so much in our lifes whats important to me is getting a sleep without my hip or knee waking me up. And l think its a subject that we all should be able to talk about as its part of life and having hip replacements.....lets face it affects that part a lot

Laura x

• Posted

I must say post op sex has been great, no pain, no saying - stop, let me move, it hurts in that position. Its so nice to be able to enjoy lifes pleasures again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.