Shadow on lung

Posted , 17 users are following.

Just looking for some opinion. I had pneumonia a few year ago and have since had various episodes of illness, none of which have been as serious. However, earlier this year had another fever, flu symptoms etc and ended up going back to doctor again. He ordered a chest X-ray which showed a shadow on my left lung. I also had a cough for 6 weeks, out of breath even if talking and spitting flem. I got antibiotics and had another chest X-ray last week. Results show that there is not change in the shadow which shows a mass at bottom of left lung. Going for a CT scan now and concerned how serious this could be. Some people have said that it could just be scare tissue from a few years ago, but obviously concerned it is more. I still have a cough and bring up flem albeit not as bad as a number of weeks ago. Any thoughts?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

you need a advice from expert.
    • Posted

I had the same symptoms except my sputum is clear/ whiteish....clarithromycin cured my cough.My GP looked at the scan and said C t scan showed pneumonitis and nodules on my lungs. See a respiratory Dr on July 20th to find out more. So worrying I'm told not to worry but I'm worried sick. Any one had results of their choice to scan yet ? x

• Posted

I m in exact same situation off to docs today to see what's going to happen next hope your OK my heads mush .I ve had similar symptoms and sharp pain in lungs tiredness etc please let me know how you get on good luck Suzy xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.