Shaking and crying!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everyone

i have read so very many posts on re starting and sticking out on Citralopam and battling through the side effects and it has helped me to stay determined to try to just tough it out!

I started taking Citralopam 13 days ago .....10 mg for 5 days then went up to 20 mg.

Before this I had been on Dosulepin for around a month and a half....but as the GP thought this wasn't helping he changed me onto Cit.

I have only had a couple of times in my adult life where I have had episodes of depression/anxiety but they were easier to account for as to the cause/ reason.....this time everything seems to have come out of the blue and it's completely floored me!!

I have a loving husband of 35 years and two fabulous sons...and a family all of who are supportive and loving....I am one very lucky lady!

That's why it makes it so hard to understand where all these 'yukky' feelings have come from??!!

i am also trying CBT ...another first for me!

My question to you all is.....every morning I wake up around 5am feeling sick VERY shaky and VERY weepy....to the point of sobbing for quite a while!

After the sobbing subsides the shaking continues to a lesser degree all day...it's such a horrid disturbing feeling!

Has anyone else experienced the same? .....and better still can some one reassure me that after the 'magic' amount of weeks when the tabs start to kick in it will stop??

I am finding it so hard to cope with!

Thank you for listening to my rant.....any words of advice would be gratefully received.....like everyone else on here I just want 'me' back again and at the mo can't imagine getting there!

1 like, 76 replies

76 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Pam

how are you feeling? You doing ok?

Hope everything is working out for you this week.

take care Pam - I'm here if you need a bit of support & encouragement.

sleepy crow

x

• Posted

Hi sleepy

thanks for keeping in touch biggrin

I'm much better at the mo ........feeling calm and relaxed and smiley.....yeah !!

all I am still having is some tremors......I've always had an unsteady hand...it's a family traight ....but this is different more of an internal thing??

ive just reached the 9 week mark now ...so ....hopefully...no it WILL be onwards and upwards from here!!

hope alls good with you 

big hug xx

• Posted

Hi Pamela

well done for getting this far - you sound so much happier. I am so pleased for you.

Are you keeping a journal? Worth capturing all your positive feelings and positive attitude.

i am doing ok - my fear/ worrying is in MEGA mode every morning - still working on that aspect of my anxiety but I definetly feel better than 1 month ago when the whole episode kicked off. It is just a matter of retraining myself not to be overwhelmed by the sensation of fear. Am taking life one day at a time - easier to cope that way.

well done again for getting through the tough times - we are stronger than we give ourselves credit for!!

Drop me a note & let me know how well you are doing in the coming weeks

best of luck for lots of happy times ahead!

sleepy crow

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.