Shaky and Dizzy/Lightheaded.....Any Tips?

Posted , 28 users are following.

Yeah, it's me again....just wondering if anyone else's anxiety presents itself as a constant feeling of shakiness/lightheadedness? I can only describe it as feeling as though I've had gallons of caffeine (and I don't touch caffeine at all!)....I feel jittery and shaky and off-balance (as though I'm going to fall over, even when I'm sitting).....is this unusual?

I've had a huge range of medical tests and nothing sinister was found....my blood sugar and blood pressure are both fine (I know those can be common factors in the symptoms I listed).....I'm currently taking lorazepam on an as-needed basis (I take one 0.25mg dose every other day or so)....also taking low-dose birth control pills (I'm perimenopausal and my GYN thought that might help).

Just looking for some reassurance or fellow sufferers....thanks smile

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Indeed yes I feel like that at times, wired almost but without any of the benefits Lol its a horrid feeling, really almost detached too?
  • Posted

Hi I'm the exact same too always feeling tired aswell i suffer with anxiety too and anemia and all my bloods have came back clear too so if say it could be a sign of anxiety😊x
  • Posted

For myself, I learned that this feeling and also a painful "pins and needles" all over my body was due to hyperventilation.  It turns out that when I get anxious, I don't breathe deeply, just shallow breaths - and I hadn't realized this.  Then my body and brain weren't getting enough oxygen.  So when I realized this, I learned how to do deep, slow abdominal breathing, and the pins and needles went away after a few moments!  Give it a try - lets see if this helps.  There are lots of good videos on youtube about how to do abdominal breathing, but the basic idea is to lie down, put your hand on your stomache, and breathe slowly and deeply so that your hand rises and falls.  Best wishes - 
  • Posted

I feel spaced out and dizzy pretty much constantly at the moment and for the last few months. I try to accept it as how I am and try not to pay too much attention to it. I have moments where it feels overwhelming and then I remind myself that nothing has happened in all the time I've been feeling this way so nothing is going to happen. 

Breathing techniques are definitely useful!!

• Posted

I've literally just replied to an old thread on here where I mentioned my symptoms, woozy lightheadedness, spacey, foggy, unable to concentrate, almost dream-like, strange feeling of muffled ears (I can hear fine), nose pressure, eyes feel strained and fatigue. I too have had a series of blood tests which are all normal. Dr recently started me on cerazette as anxiety is even worse during the time of my period so I'm interested to see if it helps with my next one in a couple of weeks. I asked for a hormone test as was concerned i could have an imbalance somewhere as none of my symptoms are like what I usually suffer with the anxiety. Xx
    • Posted

Omg. My period rt before it i feel like my sugar is low jittery. Disorientated off balance wake up heart racing. Tired all the time bloating pressure chest abdomen head. It sucks... I feel jittery like hypoglycemic..
    • Posted

Ive list 46 pounds in 3 months because of this anxiety
    • Posted

You just described me too the tee exactly. It's horrible. Can't wait for it to end. ??

• Posted

Yes, my anxiety makes me feel like this.i always though I had a good way to handle it until menopause and yikes it got worse.

hang in there it gets better. Take control of the things u can control ...reg meals, naps if you aren't sleeping enough ...good luck! I hope you feel better

• Posted

I know how u feel.when u shake don't fight it .The anxiety is trying to exit your body .try drinking some a tea called seven blossoms 3 times a day .It helps control the nervous system naturally .
  • Posted

I was just wondering if anyone found out exactly what was going on and if any of you are feeling better, I know it's been almost a year but was hoping a few of you would still be on here
  • Posted

im the same, was on citaprolam but the side effects are horrible, anxiety is much worse in the mornings but better at night, worry, anxious, panic 24/7 although i know its anxiety i just cant get it out of my head, i try not to think about it but its always there somewhere, its called derealisation
  • Posted

Do you think you might have a food sensitivity? Keep a food log of every single thing you eat for two solid weeks. It will show up. 
  • Posted

Hi, I also have anxiety and have been having the same issues of shaking, nervous feeling, blurry vision and even some headaches. Only in the last 2 weeks have the symptoms been ongoing and come on suddenly. Before that I would only have them a couple times of year around allergy season when I am stuffy and it's difficult to breathe. I'm not really sure how to handle feeling this way constantly. I have anxiety meds for an as needed basis but they make me too drowsy and seem to only make matters worse and I don't really feel they help the anxiety. Anyone have any suggestions?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.