Shaky and Dizzy/Lightheaded.....Any Tips?

Posted , 28 users are following.

Yeah, it's me again....just wondering if anyone else's anxiety presents itself as a constant feeling of shakiness/lightheadedness? I can only describe it as feeling as though I've had gallons of caffeine (and I don't touch caffeine at all!)....I feel jittery and shaky and off-balance (as though I'm going to fall over, even when I'm sitting).....is this unusual?

I've had a huge range of medical tests and nothing sinister was found....my blood sugar and blood pressure are both fine (I know those can be common factors in the symptoms I listed).....I'm currently taking lorazepam on an as-needed basis (I take one 0.25mg dose every other day or so)....also taking low-dose birth control pills (I'm perimenopausal and my GYN thought that might help).

Just looking for some reassurance or fellow sufferers....thanks smile

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I feel like this most of the time. I am 33. But only really felt like this since having my 20 Month old Son. Dident know if it had anything to do with anxiety or if it's all in my mind. I hope it goes away. I hate feeling like this.

• Posted

I also get a dizzy feeling even tho I'm not dizzy and balance is fine it's weird to explain but most times I feel like someone's got a grip on my brain or something I have had blood work but no cat scan or mri done yet the dr says it's all from anxiety but the type of anxiety I have is I guess health anxiety so it's extremely hard to accept its been a bit better now since I've had 3 weeks of meds but I'm hoping I continue to improve in the next cpl weeks cause if it doesn't I'm gonna have to go for a Mri or ct even its to ease my mind if nothing else

• Posted

Yes!!! You describe it very well.

I get this after very intense periods of stress. It is very similar to low blood sugar, as in I sometimes feel as if my body 'drops' and I feel tired, buzzy and as if my body does need sugar.

I read that anxiety burns sugar due to adrenaline, which causes this sensation.

• Posted

I feel I have some sort of disease or balance issue or heart problems, I just can't accept this is supose to be all down to ANXIETY! my symptoms are weird foggy brain /conjested light headed especially upon standing ears feel strange, dry nose and mouth , get shaky /tremors I think feel like my whole body is weak like all my muscles and bones are deterring HELP

• Posted

I have felt the same way for a month now. How you found anything to help it? I am so scared everyday that I'm going to stop breathing

• Posted

Im exactly the same,

I also have trouble breathing and the back of my neck is constantly in pain.my head feels like I can't think and is unbalanced.i also have very shaky muscle movements in neck and arms.

• Posted

Hi kitty

Have u stopped getting panic attacks. Did u have chronic health anxiety and depression ?which medicines u are taking for same. How about improvement

• Posted

Hi! I always feel like this and I'm only 21. I suffer with extreme health anxiety to the point it's takes over my life. Heath is constantly on my mind as are the physical anxiety symptoms but me being me I'm always putting them down to something more sinster. It doesn't help that I suffer with GERD and also have nasal polyps which cause a lot of sinus and throats issues. I'm always shaky and it's embarrassing! It's weird though, it's like I'm shaking for the inside and I feel it! And always feel slightly lightheaded and fuzzy! I tend to crack my neck a lot and I don't know if this could be part of it? My anxiety gets worse at night when I lie down as I have a million thoughts going through my mind and sometimes struggle to breath and have to sit up and drink water to calm myself down! It's so terrifying. At 21 years of age it's so frustrating to have all these worries about my health. From an outsiders perspective people think I look and act fine but the way I feel is a different story :-( so stressful! 

• Posted

I'm 21 also been dealing with this since last year every since I was diagnosed with Gastritis.. It's a bad feeling always feeling dizzy shaky bad headaches chest pain and tired..  It does take over your life I feel you on that part I can barely get up and walk around without it bothering me and from my perspective when a person is looking at me to them I might look normal but at the same time my body is feeling drained and I'm going thru so much pain can't do my normal activities because of it .. it's a bad feeling but Rebecca are you on any social sites like Facebook or Instagram or anything so we can discuss our symptoms ? I'm jus trying to find out what's going on and I'll feel better if I can have a conversation with someone who is dealing with the same problem because no one else seems to understand 

• Posted

So I've recently been searching for answers and stumbled upon this forum. I'm 46 and after reading all of your experiences...i know I'm in perimenopause. Why don't women discuss this more...or is it that the only women i know have only had the hot flashes ,brain fog or sleep issues. I have been tested for everything and I'm apparently super healthy but feel like crap most days. So I'm been having anxiety attacks out of nowhere for a year. I now know how to deal with it although everyone it happens is always scary. My newest symptoms are pain in my neck and behind my eyes, lightheaded, shortness of breath, nausea, cramping in feet and hands, tingling feet, hot and cold flashes, tremors and jelly legs, tender breasts, back pain, heart palps,ringing In ears. Now i feel I have a strong pain tolerance, but this weekend I'm dealing with all of these at one time not separately. (Also had my period) which makes this worse. I don't smoke or drink alcohol and have 1 cup of coffee for breakfast. I eat healthy and drink tea and water. Sooo....I am here to say you are not alone! I cried when I realized I was not dying from some undiagnosed illness and I thank you all for sharing. Why do doctors not acknowledge this possibility. They are stumped. But I can come here to find answers because hundreds of women Can't be wrong!!

• Posted

Iv been feeling like this for a few days now iv always had anxiety/panic attacks since the age of 16 and it only seems to attack me when I have stressful bad times in my life. I learnt to control it as much as I could and live life but then it comes back and I can’t shake it off I know I’m fine but my body won’t let me believe it. It’s that bad this time I can’t get out of bed iv had it 3 days and iv put it down to nicotine withdrawal since stopping smoking 3 days ago.. I can’t eat  I contstantly feel tired I’m drained with it 🙁

• Posted

hi everyone

i just came across this post. im feeling the same way and wondering if anyone has some tips. i feel jittery and weak from the inside. nobody would even notice but i feel dreadful. anxiety and panic is extreme and each day i seem to have a new physical symptom. my body is stressed from having a second baby 10 months ago and not sleeping for a long time. its brought with it not only tiredness but extreme pain, chest pain, headaches, reflux, stomach cramps, nausea, weakness, pins snd needles,lightheaded, dizzy, najor feeling of dread and scared that something is wrong. any tips?

have had blood tests and ecg

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.