Shaky and jittery muscles

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm a 29 y.o male and for the past few months I have had very shaky muscles, like when I move my head up and down my neck muscles move in a jittery unsmooth pattern. The same happens when I lift my arms and slowly drop them (shoulder muscles shake) or when I bend over to pick something up (stomach and leg muscles shake). I also have sudden jerky-like twitches in a lot of places like fingers, shoulders and legs. All this has recently started affecting my breathing muscles so now I have "broken" inhales and exhales like when you are super stressed expect that I am not. It's getting pretty scary and so far EMG and MRI have been negative. Anyone else here experiencing these kind of muscular issues?

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My 12 yr old daughter is expressing these same symptoms.  My online search uncovered the term dystonia.  I think there is medication that helps.  Also not sure if it’s significant but she had a case of mono when she was younger and now there is evidence it has some residual symptoms.
  • Posted

WHen moderators delete videos of neurological manifestations it makes the entire forum useless, they were YouTube videos of tremors ! Honestly what’s the harm ?  describe the specifics of tremors with words is quite difficult, that’s why neurologists want to “see” patients. Mine has been diagnosed as benign fasciculation syndrome but this does not diagnose the tremors, the mild ataxia or the loss of propriorecption
  • Posted

I'm having very very similar symptoms. Mri's came back clear, which is great but still left with:

-burning sensation on skin

-shaky/weak muscles

-muscle twitches and jerks

-pins and needles in legs

Curious if anyone has found anything that helps? Not sure any more follow up neuro tests will be much benefit at this point.

• Posted

I have the exact same symptoms word for word. please tell me did you get a diagnosis??

• Posted

It is a bit frustrating at times Jessica I understand. Did you ever have any luck with this?? Did you suffer from a lot of stress prior to this? I hope you're doing well now! I'd be curious to see if you learned anything. Good health, and I'm thinking of you! Positive energy.

• Posted

Hi! Did you ever receive answers? I have been dealing with the same thing since July 2018. One morning I woke up and my muscles shook with every move. Here we are 3 years later and no answers. I shake when i shrug my shoulders, shake in my neck when I look up and down, if I lay on my back and put the bottom of my feet together and move my legs up and down (open and close) the inside of my thighs shake. I hate it. Its not like a tremor in my hand....its a stutter feeling in my muscles. I'm 36 years old and this started when I was 33. Ive been to sooooo many doctors and had soooo many tests ran....with no answers. Thyroid normal, lyme negative, vitamins fine, neurologist couldn't find anything, neuromuscular couldn't; find anything.....but it has to be something!!!! I'm becoming hopeless and desperate for answers. I dont even know where to go from here! HELP!

• Posted

Seems like other people have the same deal! Haha, has anyone gotten any word on what it is? Lack of Magnesium? B12?? Would you say you suffered from a lot of stress prior and during this issue? Surely we can find a solution! I'm looking as well! Thanks and best of luck to each one of you. I'll send some positive energy your way! Let's do this.

• Posted

Hi, has anyone had this resolve or received a diagnosis? I have been having the same symptoms or jittery/shaking muscles particularly when releasing (rather than contracting) muscles. Also heaviness in muscles (arms/legs), tingling in muscles on and off

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.