shallow breathing

Posted , 8 users are following.

For weeks now I have been shallow breathing leading to tight chest, panic. I constantly yawn, sigh any try to take deep breaths. Any tips

2 likes, 97 replies

97 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I am really sorry, Moira. I will be thinking of you. I was in the ER last week with what I thought was a heart attack. Doc checked me out and said it was anxiety again. God yes, it is so exhausting. 
    • Posted

Are u in the USA just because u used the term ER where we use A&E. Nope it's not nice but trying to keep my mind off it. Have u suffered long with this

• Posted

I have been dealing with it for 15 years - starting when I was 18 and am now 33. However, it has been AWFUL this summer, and I don't know why. My kids are getting older, and maybe I am worried I won't be around for them. That's all I can think of. I live in the Chicago area in the US - are you in the UK?

• Posted

In scotland. I'm 46 . My kids are now 18, 15 and 11. I seemed to cope better when they were young. Think it cos i don't need to concentrate on so much now. Is it not the middle of the night for u just now

• Posted

It's worst during the day for me. I take Ativan when it gets unbearable, but days are worse than nights at the moment

• Posted

I find its the nights are worse. I've got a paramedic as a neighbour and i always check her car is outside before i go to bed. Never had to call on her but if her cars not there i find it hard to sleep. it nice to talk to someone who knows how u feel

• Posted

I completely understand this! When I see medics out in public, I instinctively want to be close to them. It was good talking to you, Moira. I hope you have a better night. I plan on being on this site pretty often now, it helps to connect to others who actually get it.
    • Posted

Hey,  Moira. I've been up and down the past few days. I've been having fewer full blown panic attacks the past few days, but anxiety level is still quite high. Ugh. I really just want to feel like myself again. How have you been doing?

• Posted

I'm ok. Same as you up and down. Just about to get ready for work. Do u find u cough and gag alot too. Yeah it would be great to feel normal again

• Posted

I don't really cough much, I just always feel like  I'm not getting enough air. I found out last night that the husband of one of my wife's friends died suddenly; he's basically my age. So now I'm freaked out again. Just really tired right now.

• Posted

That's awful. It makes you think of ur own mortality when someone your own age dies. Try to stop freaking out - easier said than done though

• Posted

Thanks, Moira. I'm trying but it's hard. Switching from coffee to decaf tea today.

• Posted

I'm so p****d off tonight I'm drinking bud. I'll feel lost like sh***e tomorrow but ill deal with it then. Take care. M

• Posted

Kind of, but it's a slow process for me. I'm seeing a therapist tomorrow (new one), hopefully it's helpful. How are you feeling? Things getting any better?

• Posted

Yeah I'm ok. Had a hectic day at work. Have u seen ur new therapist yet? M

• Posted

I finally saw someone yesterday, but since she doesn't take my insurance I'll have to see someone new going forward. Luckily she gave me recommendations, so I should start therapy soon with someone in network (health insurance in the US is weird). Labor Day weekend here, so I'm

Hoping for a relaxing weekend. You still doing well?

• Posted

Yeah ok. I take it some therapists don't take insurance from certain companies. It is all strange to me. Just glad it's Friday and I'm off work next week. First days holiday since April. Yippee. What's labor day

• Posted

Hi u having an ok weekend?
    • Posted

Hey there - Labor Day is an American holiday; we get Monday off (yay!). I'm doing ok. Started a new medication today so we'll see how that works. That's nice you're off this week. Hopefully you'll be able to get some good relaxing time in. How are you?

• Posted

I'm ok. Glad I've got the week off work. How's labor weekend? What new medication are u on?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.