Share stories & support

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello,

Im new here. I am 25 and have recently had an ultrasound scan result showing fibroids and a complex cyst below my left ovary measuring around 10cm something (can't remember exactly) and I was called in to have a blood test yesterday and I have an MRI booked for next Thursday.

Obviously the worst has crossed my mind. But I am healthy. I haven't had any children yet but was considering trying soon.

I suffered from irregular periods as a teenager and had a few scans which picked up small cysts which would come and go but was always told I have nothing to worry about.

I just wanted to hear some stories, if anyone has been told anything similar and basically just discuss this with someone in the same situation or someone who has experienced to give and receive some support.

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Kayla,

I am a lot older than you (74) but think I understand how you feel right now. I feel very fit and healthy-haven't needed a doctor for years-go to gym and walk and swim every week. I had a bout of cystitis (rare ) in Aug 2014 which cleared up by September,but because I needed 2 lots of antibiotics before it went I was sent for a ultrasound scan

Dec 10th. They found cysts,then saw gynae,had blood tests and CT scan. Blood test for CA125 was 27 (normal is 35) so that was good. CT scan showed nothing in rest of body. Because of my age and being post-menopausal I am at higher risk than you so I'll be having surgery next Tues 27th. It will be keyhole (laparoscopy) at first but surgeon will do a hysterectomy if needed ( I don't need my bits any more)

Your blood test results and MRI scan will probably set your mind at rest. It is scary when you feel so healthy and are so young,but cysts are so common. I have googled lots of info and this is a good forum. I hope someone nearer your age answers and if you've had cysts before which do come and go-they are only being careful on your behalf.My cysts are 5cm and 8+ cms.I know it's hard but try to keep calm until your scan and blood tests. I wasted a lot of Xmas and New year feeling terrified,but am much calmer now and enjoying this last "normal" week before I go in hospital. From what I've read and what the nurse told me ,I honestly believe now that I will have the laparoscopy(keyhole) surgery and be out in 1 day to start recovery. I'm sure it won't come to that for you. Many cysts just go away on their own and you can have them monitored with ultrasound scans every3 months- I was given this option .Good luck and keep in touch.Many people will relate to your story Take care xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.