Sharing perimenapause symptoms

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi beautiful ladies can you share the many 100 symptoms of perimenapause I just need to know so I can help other women that are going through this and don't know what is wrong with them

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Here is my on and off symptoms for the past 2 1/2 years 

Weird Headaches 

Neck pain 

Left shoulder pain

Heart palpitations 

High heart rate 

Ansiety

Hip pain 

Back pain

Irregular periods 

Left side abdominal  pain 

Acne 

Dry eyes 

Frequent urination

Sleep problems 

• Posted

Thank you I will let her know, although hers started a month ago and she still has it will it subside please let me know
    • Posted

Like now my period suppose to start in 5 days . And yesterday I began to have a headache, nauseated ,  and today while I’m at work my left side where the ovary is it’s pain my left shoulder and back to my shoulder blade and darn neck. Ufffff crazy . See how long is gonna last this time . 
    • Posted

Hi how long does your pain last ,

My right side of head back ear shoulder neck been going on for about a little over a month I can feel it there but sometimes it get really bad.

• Posted

Until my period starts but always in the left side is crazy and comes and goes some months are worse . At first I though something wrong like a stroke and I had MRIs Amd all normal.  I usually don’t take meds but when the pain gets to the point I can’t lift my arm I take Motrin 
    • Posted

No just tired now but I I don’t care for cleaning the house and I been like this for 2 months just the bare minimum . Like I’m tired all the time and the heart palpitations creep up on me is nerve racking
  • Posted

Hi,  all perimrnopuse/ menopause symptoms are listed on many online sites.  Just type it into Google.  Symptoms can last up to 10 years I believe.  Everyone has a different Menopause.  Some people are lucky and sail through ! Others have an awful time.  Your ‘Friend’ should join this discussion. x
  • Posted

Hi,

My symptoms of perimenopause are, fatigue, brain fog, dizziness, hot flushes, night sweats, really bad health anxiety, not so much a racing heart but more like i'm wearing a stethoscope, I can be just sat watching TV or reading and I can hear and feel my heart beating. My left ear will start hurting then it travels down the left side of my neck into my shoulder & breast, it more like a feeling of pressure building up in my ear & neck and pain in my shoulder & breast. Very dry eyes sometimes, headaches, ringing in my ears sometimes and this weird inner tremor. Poor sleep. It's all very strange and scary at times.

• Posted

Hi

my symptoms started 4yrs ago but I didn't know what it was until about 6 months ago I am now 44.

4yrs ago I was taken off the combined pill and placed on the mini pill which is progesterone only, 6 months later my anxiety started. I now know this was because my estrogen was dropping. Gradually the fatigue set in and finally the brain fog. It wasn't till till summer last year when I came off the mini pill that the rest of my symptoms kick in and things got really bad. I did start taking a vitamin b supplement which helped with the hot flushes send brain fog but did nothing for my fatigue and anxiety.

My new doctor did put me back on a low dose combined pill 3 months ago which really helped but due to it causing headaches i've been taken back off it. Hope that helps.

• Posted

Just started to get racing heart now and again, neck and shoulder pain, lower back pain, joints aches. I also cannot hold my wee anymore.......I too have a underactive thyroid. So always cold and tired....

Oh the joys :-)

• Posted

Hi, Jacqueline,

Here are mine: Anxiety, depression, excessive worry, sleeplessness, hot flashes, night sweats, headaches, crying suddenly, terrible health anxiety, nausea, restlessness, loss of libido, weight gain, muscle pain, heart palpitations, vertigo, fuzzy mind, forgetfulness, joint pain, stomach/lower belly pain, digestion issues, acid reflux, heavy, long periods, absent/irregular periods, menstrual cramps (with or without a period), back pain (upper and lower), fatigue, anemia, dry vaginal tissue, thinning hair and sore breasts.  I've been in peri for over five years now.  I'm 47.  My symptoms are different everyday.  xx--Sarah

• Posted

What do you take,also I have ear pain shoulder pain and my shoulders feel like there on fire  

Are you in the usa or uk. 

• Posted

Hi, Jacqueline,

I'm in the US.  My doctor (I see a natural wellness doc) prescribed the following after much bloodwork and urine and saliva hormonal tests which confirmed I was most definitely in peri: adrenal supplements, 750mg magnesium daily, 10,000 mg vitamin D (for 4 weeks), bio identical hormones (150mg of oral progesterone to be taken nightly and 2mcg/2mcg/1mcg of estrogen, esteodiol and testosterone respectively in a dose of 1 gram of cream to be used each morning).  I have not started the hormones because I'm afraid I might feel worse.  I was also prescribed iron to take whenever I have my period.  She also told me to elimate gluten and dairy from my diet after some allergy testing.  I have done this for the last 5 months.  The change in diet has helped with some of the belly bloating and joint inflammation.  

Additionally, I had a 4 week course of IV iron infusions because I had become anemic after a very hard period back in September that lasted almost 3 weeks.  The iron seemed to help a lot.

Peri is so frustrating.  I'm sorry you are going through this.  I understand completely.  I have so many symptoms and they are different everyday.  I'm told it will eventually get better.  I miss my old self. I wish all the very best for you!  Remember, you are not alone in this!  Big hugs--Sarah

• Posted

Thank you sara,

I have a Dr appointment today I'm going to try the liwer dose of the patch yo see if it will help,I also heard of bioidentical hormone treatment is that safe I was reading about it and it's not fda approved, I really need help ,

How about a multi vitamin.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.