Sharp Pain in Prostate = Bladder Problems

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello,

I am a 36 year old male.

Since from the age of about 20 I have experienced urinary issues.

The problem I have is I feel the urge to go as normal, I then go and then about 15 minutes later the urge to go again appears, but on trying to empty the bladder, very little happens.

I have seen the doctor on many occasions but they always want to prescribe medication for inflammation or antibiotics for infection. I dont understand this as I have no pain when passing urine.

I did manage to get a doctor refer me to a Urologist about 5 years ago. That also was a complete waste of time. Within about 2 minutes of speaking with the Uro, he tells me I have overactive bladder. I spent many many months reading about OAB and I am 90% certain that this is not my problem.

I had no tests done, apart from a flow test, which could not be done as I already went for a wee before going to the Uro. I was not told a flow test would be done.

I had no ultrasound or anything.

This urinary issue comes and goes, it can last a few days, a few weeks or a few months.

What I have noticed is there seems to be some pain when I am about to get the symptoms again.

I get a very sharp, stabbing pain which seems to come from my prostate area, it is very painful but only for a few seconds, once the pain stops, the feeling of needing to wee are noticeable.

This pain seems to kick off something which causes this urge to go all of the time.

But it also can make the symptoms go away completley.

I will give you an example.

About 2 months ago I was just sitting at home, the symptoms where there and I was suffering with this urge to go.

Suddenly I get the sharp pain in my prostate area, then all of a sudden my urge to go symptoms disappear as if by magic.

All has been fine for about two months.

Then yesterday I was travelling in the car and the sharp shooting pain in my prostate area occurs and the symptoms are back again. Urge to go every 15 minutes.

When I visited the Urologist I told him about my pain in the prostate area, he had no clue and told me I was too young for prostate issues. And insisted that I have OAB! I really do NOT think that OAB is my issue, and I really dont know how the Urologist can make such an assumption from not doing any tests or further discovery.

I am at a loss, this problem severely brings me down as I feel I cannot go anywhere or do anything as I always need to visit the loo. My relationship with my partner and son suffers when I have this problem as I dont want to do anything or go anywhere and always feel down.

I just dont know where or who to turn to.

Thanks for reading.

Dorian

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Dorian

Im seems to go thru the same problem with u

As few weeks ago I started to feel need to go for a wee and once it's empty I still feel need to go a lot.. some days are ok some are bad.. I get throbbing pain between my legs next to my testicles, it's gets bad then less everyday.

Went to c dr and had blood test and urine test all fine. So they gave me antibiotics as says infection in prostate, but over 3 weeks now and still have pain and keep going to loo and feel like need poo all the time.

It's effecting my life as how can I make it go away

David

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.