She said “it looks like I have prostatitis.”

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hope I spelled that right. Anyhow, some of you may remember my post from a week and a half ago or so. Yesterday the general practitioner’s NP ruled out any bladder issues and referred me to the Urologist across the street. Went and saw his NP today. I retained 34cc of fluid in my bladder after providing a sample. I guess 200cc is a red flag amount. 

She said that since I’m only 40, it sounds more likely to be an inflamed prostate than anything else. She prescribed me 2 weeks of Cipro and a 20 minute Epsom salt bath every other day. No prostate exam, not that that is completely devastating. She did take blood for testing and culturing. Does this seem to be the norm?

Now I’m on my back deck, smoking a cigar and enjoying an IPA hoping for the best. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Alcohol can be an irritant so not sure that IPA will help the Cipro do its job. Maybe hold off till things calm down. 34cc residual is normal so the flag isn't even raised.

Jim

• Posted

Did she take urine also? I wonder what she expects to see in the blood
  • Posted

Are you sure it wasn't the urine they cultured and not the blood ?  I have heard that the bacteria use beer as food, so I agree with Jimjames, lay off the beer for a while.

What are your symtoms ?

Thomas

• Posted

They took urine so I'm sure they cultured it. Sometimes they culture blood as well.

Jim

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.