Shingles

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was diagnosed with shingles, age 47, 5 days ago - seems mild get burning sensations mostly at nights. I caught it early - seem to noticed rash beforr pain. Anyway, I feel exhausted a lot today not sure if it has to do with shingles or anemia. What I am really wondering is when i know for sure these rashs has broken and crusted over, mine look like dark spots red over the blisters, is that part if the process or I'm not contagious anymore?

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i'm so sorry you got this stinky disease. mine was on 1/9 and i am just a couple of weeks into recovery from the fatigue = prayers that yours and anybody else's will last that long!cry
    • Posted

It is 6 weeks since I was diagnosed and I had it around the eye and on my forehead, then it all got re-infected! I have had constant appointments at the eye clinic and the worry that i would lose some vision, I then had the complications ie neuralgia and awful itching all over my head, which is so sensitive still and numb at the same time, my vision for the last 2 mornings has changed to double vision in the eye that wasn't affected!! I am just so sick of it all now, it never ends!! The pain has been excruciating at times, even before the rash appeared, Good luck to anyone who gets this horrendous virus!!
    • Posted

sorry to hear t5hat you are low, yes this is the most painful  un reconised thing to have, no one ever understands that this pain can stop you living your life to the full again.  I work  well should I say worked but I have  had to take long time sickness from work now, but because they cant see it unless its plastered all over your face, no one understands they look at you as if you a liar looking for "are poor you"  sorry life with PHN shingles is not like that  I want employers out there to learn and yes may be go and try out one of our painful days.  then come back and tell us they understand.... I dread to think how you feel Jane  you say its on your face/eyes,  I do hope you are coping,  I am lucky if you can call it that, I am not  having it on my face, mine is under my bust line  I cant wear a bra, which as a big busted lady hurts because of the unsupported bust, it affects the way you dress, and I cant enjoy feeling good in clothes any more.  I have to use  powders to keep the area under the bust from sweating (sorry guys) and the intense pain in heat is so bad.  Ice pack can help but you cant walk upright  my friend said  I look like an old lady walking with my back curved.  I did not class my self as old at 62 until now  now I am alone (partner passed away)  ill and scared of life and the future.  I really wish you well Jane and pray you can enjoy your life to the full.  Jocelyne from Cambridge in UK 
    • Posted

Hello,

I am 64 and I feel the same, worried about what the future holds, it;'s bad enough having to ask people for lifts to the hospital, i am limited in that way, but luckily have a really good friend  who has been so helpful,with lifts, I do drive but I am not allowed to after the eye clinic as they use a lot of drops and shine bright lights in to the eyes etc. Most people work and can'tget the time off etc, I have now had double vision in the other eye every morning, so I am going to the eye clinic earler than planned, as i need to get this looked at, it's all very worrying as my biggest concern has been my eye sight. So far my eyes have been ok but I did have blurred vision at first with the one that the shingles affected, I have a voluntary job one day a week,but am still unablr to go back to work, due to neuralgia etc, There are so many stages to shingles, I'm glad I'm in the last stages but this can go on for months I am told! 

I wish everyone who gets this good luck, as sometimes how you look doesn't really show how ill you are feeling inside!!

• Posted

Hi  I work in a school and could not return to work for two months,

Jo  in UK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.