Shingles

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have just been diagnosed with Shingles.First GP dismissed me as having a virus.A different doctor today diagnosed shingles in seconds.Its in right  hand side of my head.Affecting my eyebrow-lumpy intensely itchy rash.Right eyelid and corners of eye intensely itchy and sore..Intensely itchy forehead and scalp,Rash and scabs on forehead and large bumps on head.Lymph glands all up.I did have shooting pains inside my mouth but these have stopped .Been given anti histamine tablets=Fexofenadine hydrochloride-30 days worth.Nothing on internet about this as a treatment.How long do I leave it beforereturning to GP?.Can I dye my hair.?I exercise daily-dance,gym,tennis,cardio tennis.Is    this OK?I'm 74

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Barbara

I have learned the hard way you have to combine a number of therapies in order to address the shingles virusotherwise it will reoccur. First and foremost you need to rest. You also need anti-viral medication. In addition you will need to address any underlying vitamin deficiencies or medical issues. An extensive range of blood tests will ensure you can identify any underlying cause.

I have also used acupuncture, consultation with a naturopath, chinese herbs and yoga to ensure my immune system is strong enough to ward off the virus. I also think it's imperative you consult with an ophthalmologist as soon as possible.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery

Ruby

• Posted

Ruby

Very kind of you-thank you.I 'll try and get to see an opthamologist tomorrow.

I hope that yo

uare shingles free now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.