SHINGLES AND PHN IN 2016

Posted , 13 users are following.

Why are we hearing more and more people  having this medical problem!  Its great that we are all exchanging ideas, on ways to cope with this  unbearable pain.

My main question is  why are so many people suffering from shingles and the PHN pain?  I understand that its from the chicken pox virus, BUT WHY in 2016 are we  unable to find a cure for this mind blowing pain? and why are so many people in this day and age, getting  it, I was told that it attacks or lays in our bodies until we reach our 50s, our  systems are low .

I know that many of us,that use this site are from many countries, but I would love to hear from you all,on how you became a member of the  shingles/PHN world.

3 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have just had shingles on my face head and in the back of my eye it has been very painful and has left me with double vision . I can only join you in asking the same question why has nobody ever done any reasurch into Shingles??????????

• Posted

I agree, Drs don't seem to know a lot about it, ridiculous in this day and age that there is really not much help  and  no cure!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.