Shingles or hives or what

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello all.. I am a 26 year female. 

Last month I was diagnosed with shingles and prescribed acyclovir.. about a week and a half later my shingles were healed and only small scars left. A couple days ago I noticed red spots a little higher than where the shingles were. Right away I started taking acyclovir again.. I had some leftover. So my question is do shingles always blister because this second time they didn’t they look more like hives. And do shingles come back ? I thought it was one and done? Thank you.. I’m a worrywart

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Worriedo...  I can relate to your story and it is very maddening. I rode that same roller coaster that you're on and it is very stressful.   I see that you had a blood test done and wondered if the doctor did a type specific blood test.  They are usually expensive, in Canada its 150$.  If you just had the regular test, about 85% of the population test positive for it... 

?Good Luck

Flo

• Posted

Hi Worrieddone21 I think the reason you had an additional outbreak is because your supposed to take ALL OF RHE ACYCLOVIR that was prescribed. I think you didn’t give your immune system a chance to fully kick it out b/c of that reason you have to finish all of your medication dear..... 

When your finished ALL go get a clearance from your doctor just to make sure ok? If it’s possible some ppl have issues with insurance etc. But pls just finish all your meds...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.