shingles outbreak reccurring same place.. butt crack..

Posted , 18 users are following.

I'm Donna & I'm 55 yrs old & I have been dealing with reccuring outbreaks of shingles for the past 12 years or so.... I have it in the same location each time (top of my butt crack) and the breakout is not really all that bad but the pain that is within the nerves and the way I feel (tired, irritable, sad ... and much pain)....nerve pain in my hip and legs.... unreal..

I do take Valacyclovir, which helps and will shorten the time its so bad... at least I hope but I live it fear it will not work one day..... My heart goes out to anyone who suffers with this continue outbreak and issue as it is very painful and bothersome...

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had an outbreak in 2020 on my left buttock. The pain radiated all the way down to my toe, and was numb for 18 months with gradual return of feeling. As soon as I turned 50 (six months later) I received the 2x vaccine. Since then I've had two outbreaks at the top of my booty crack area. This recent one is very painful and I feel sick. No fever though. My mom had chronic shingles on her arm and now I'm wondering if it's genetic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.