Shingtex

Posted , 10 users are following.

Has anyone on this forum had the shingrex vaccine and any side effects?  I am 76 years old and had shingles last summer and do not ever want to suffer with them again. Thinking seriously of getting it but looking for comments.  Thank you 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am a 49 yr old female living in the US and I have BCBS and a history of shingles. My dr called the script over to the pharmacy and it was covered almost 100%. Dr offices don’t carry it yet and won’t for about another four months. Not sure why but we can only get it at a pharmacy.   My first week of shot symptoms were similar to having a full case of shingles.  Fortunately I planned a week off because I needed it.   I have serious side pain from my rib cage to my knee and only on my right side. I used to get the red spot but no longer. Now I just have the pain of having the red spot. This time I also broke out with canker sores in my mouth which I have never had. I had my dr call in kenalog ointment for my mouth which works wonders.   Ironically my dr was unfamiliar with kenalog so I googled it to confirm spelling and called her back with the info and then we got it right. The generic brand was a few dollars as my dr thought it was going to be grossly over priced. My second shot is this month. I will let everyone know the outcome and I can only hope it’s as effective as pp are saying. I have been suffering for 22 yrs.   Feel free to ask me any questions, I would be happy to help. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.