shocking news

Posted , 6 users are following.

Well i went to see my reotoligist yesterday and he gave me a full check looks like i need op on shoulder and wrists , a few weeks agao i was taken to hospital as i lost power of speach and left side parliysed for 4 hours the thought i had a stroke but it turns out it was just a bad silent mirgaine that done it but since then i have been stuttering my words and cant get them out properly and my specalist wants me to see the neorllogist as he said this isnt fibro causing it and what i would like to know if anyone else has had this problem xxx

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi cherl I have always suffered with migrains even before fibro. They were so bad It would take the use out of arms legs, severe vomiting I would be in bed until it had totally gone off, it did affect speech at times. take care gentle hugs
  • Posted

Hi Charl, I've only just read your post, sorry. I too have these and they are hemapleagic migrains. It's an unusual type of migrain and cause the exact type of symptoms. I unfortunately have the same symptoms as yours but they last much longer. For some people it's a short lived episode with only minor weakness in their Hand or arm for example. It sounds like you have it somewhere in between. My neurologist gave me amatriptyalin. The irony that it also is used for fibro. Some sufferers only have a very few of these attacks in their lives, hopefully your one of them. By the way is there a history of migrains in your family? 

Good luck with the neurologist and take care xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.