Shopping

Posted , 14 users are following.

i've just been xmas shopping and I think I must have sat down to rest on every bench in the shopping centre

it's so frustrating with a knee that feels like a lump of lead not to be able to dash from shop to shop

Home now ,..cup of tea ...Ice pack  leg elevated ...I'm back in my comfort zone

Jean 

12weeks post op

ps....and No I didn't get everything I needed

1 like, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jean 

I am three weeks post op. Went out for dinner last night and managed well.

Still using two crutches so don't yet know what it will feel like without them.

I don't really get pain in my knee,, more discomfort especially at night when knee seems to ache. So glad I had the op. Mentally Iamadifferent person.

Christine Nz

• Posted

That wonderful Christine 

later 3 weeks I couldn't possibly have done that ...I spent 9 days in hospital and my leg was black from top to bottom 

I still get pain at night even 12 weeks on

but you are doing really great ...

good luck 

Jean 

• Posted

Oh wow - no pain in your knee at 3 weeks! That's really great. I wonder what the difference is. My knee sends me through the roof if I try to bend it and I'm at 3 weeks too. Doctor just doubled my pain meds to see if that would let me bend it, but all that did was make me sick.
    • Posted

I have more of an ache in my knee. Have slow release Ibuprofen 800mgs plus 2 

Panadol for breakfast, then 2 Panadol 6hrly. Codeine Phosphate 30mgs & a Magnesium tablet at night.

• Posted

I'm getting so that I start to gag when I just look at the pills I have to swallow! I'm on Norco now (hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen 5/325), 1 every 4 hours though I'm supposed to be on 2 every 4 hours, but I can't stand the nausea and everything I eat tastes like sawdust.
  • Posted

my daughter would say , do it all on line mother , she has a good way of making money go far on the net , having said  that im 16 weeks,and have just done my first 4 weeks work after 18 months off , its been tough and my knees have swollen and achey ,i work in a noisey place and im amazed that when its at its busy time i dont feel bad at all i think that because im so busy i dont notice till i stop then i need a sit down and ice , or is there another corner to turn after 12 weeks , i do hope so for all you that are 12 weeks , just think of the new year after having a chilled christmas smile 
    • Posted

Hi Debbie

thats something to look forward too I'm 12 weeks  and having more good days than bad ...that's of course if I don't overdo it 

Jean 

• Posted

I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet, but I have thought about it. I will do some online, and the rest I will go and do a little bit every day. I live in a smallish town and am going to try to avoid big shopping centres. I am also making some presents because I like to sew. 

As far as being positive is concerned, it is good to be positive and that is an important part of recovery.BUT it is easier said than done. This op really messes with your head and that is something I certainly wasn't told about. I try to be positive, but I have my down times. The best remedy for that is not to beat myself over the head, but to have a bit of a cry, have a quiet restful day, then pick myself up and keep going. This forum really helps with that.

Also even though you can say that you are not going to let it get you down sometimes it just does. We are not superman. And that is ok as long as we pick ourselves up again.

• Posted

I quite agree with you Sandra 

i find myself shedding tears at anything remotely sentimental 

I cry at things I see on telly etc....

i try to be strong ... But I don't always succeed 

someone said think positive and everything will work out fine 

but that advice was from someone who has never had a TKR

I just think myself fortunate that my knee has held out for 76 years unlike some of the younger ones on here 

I wish everyone all the best 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.