Short PR interval

Posted , 12 users are following.

Ok guys...in October I had an ECG done and it was normal then I had really bad anxiety to the point I stayed in bed for 3 weeks straight. Went to the cardiologist and they did a repeat EKG and it showed a short PR interval, I did another EKG and it didn't, however they repeated it yesterday and it showed a Short PR interval. There are no delta waves. Is my anxiety causing the short PR? Can anyone relate?

4 likes, 55 replies

55 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes me too. I'm still on this site. I think it helps to know that others experience what we all do and we can at least listen and give support to each other.  And some can offer advice and things that help. I have gotten some great information from this website from others, that at least helps with the anxiety that is caused  by the palpitations. I have them on and off, but over the last several months they have become more frequent. I had my annual check up with my cardiologist this past week and I discussed my concerns. I met with the physicians assistant - and I like her a lot. She is the kind that will listen to you and talk about your concerns. I went into detail about what I had been going through over the past few months. I had been told in the past that what I experience are harmless PVC's. They do cause  a lot of anxiety for me when they are frequent. She told me that my EKG was excellent, and past history showed my heart is strong and structurally sound. I had a mild heart attack 11 years ago and had 2 stints put in. So I go for annual check ups since then and all have been good. Recently, one of my meds that I take (Zetia) was replaced by the generic Ezetimibe. I really didn't pay much attention to it. But a couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine offered me his unopened 3 month supply of brand name Zetia... because he know I take them. He said for some reason they didn't work for him and his doctor changed him to something else. I was at the end of the Ezetimibe, and opened the Zetia and started taking them. So in a day or so, my palpitations were fewer and far between. I looked online for side effects for the Ezetimibe, but nothing there about palpitations. I have 3 months of the brand name Zetia, but I just wonder if I start taking the generic Ezetimibe again if the palpitations will get worse. I asked the pharmacist about it and she told me there hadn't been reports of palpitations with the generic - but who knows? She also told me that if I go back on the generic and the palpitations start becoming more frequent, the prescribing doctor can request brand specific. The doctor also told me that there are many things that can be done to help with the palpitations - like adjusting beta blockers. I am on one that I have taken for 11 years. She said it may be time to change it.

• Posted

hey billie how are you doing now!?

i know im late to this thread but omg i needed to read this!

i have been trying to wrap my brain around my diagnosis of short pr intrival and i just cant. i struggle with anxiety and major depression and this is just icing on the cake! im a mom of two and engaged i have all i ever wanted yet im still unhappy and incomplete because i have let this diagnosis ravish my well being

my sleeping is terrible! i fall asleep fast hut wake up in the middle of the night in horrible panic sometimes when i wake my heart rate will be 120-150/ ill tremble, short of breath ya know all the things that make you think your on deaths door. i have uneasy feeling in my chest often and even after some meals will i turn in to a tachacardic mess!

im always in a fight or flight motion!

i do see a cardio dr and we just completed a 4 week halter which did lick up sinus tachacardia and some pvc's but he confirmed to me that my heart rythem itself was not abnormal and i do not carry the extra pathway that leads to wpw syndrome

i have tried some medications with no success due to sever reactions to side effects and talk therapy has been zero benefit ... i guess i just need that comfort that im ok at this point because i feel lost

anyone have these symptoms with the rapid heart rate in the middle of the night or anything?

• Posted

Hi, everyone. I know this post is old but i recent had a short PR interval in my EKG in urgent care because of this i was referred to a cardiologist. At the time i was highly stressed and anxious when taking the ekg. however the doctor mentioning a pacemaker if the cardiologist confirms short PR interval has me freaking out. my appointment is on May 24th

• Posted

hi everyone! im new here i just had an ekg done and it came back as short pr interval. my doctor is unfortuantley out today due to jt being the weekend. my results say it is a value of 108. and normal is 120-200 i think i read. does anyone have any insight on what could cause this or if I should be worried? I am gojng to call my primary doctor on monday, but i am having a hard time not worrying about it

• Posted

hello there guys!!! I know it has been years since I made this thread. something got me to stumble upon it today. I am doing better than I ever have. I put all my cares in the hands of God. with that being said. yes it is completely normal to have a short pr interval with anxiety, electrolyte imbalance, fear, positioning, dehydration and these are to name a few. it is most certain that females with anxiety, alot have short pr intervals. please do not worry. as well as please do not Google. I literally laid my body still for months out of fear of this. it just isn't worth it. rest assured, if nothing was mentioned about a delta wave, then you have no worries. peace and love to you all. I'm only a message away. Billie Martin on fb. just look me up. we can talk.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.