Should I get my gallbladder taken out?

Posted , 13 users are following.

for the past 10 months Ive been nauseous everyday and I've done all the test the doctors can think of. I have brain scan in a few weeks. Should I just go ahead and get get my gallbladder taken out taken out at this point or keep waiting for another possible answer?

0 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

it's your gallbladder I bet any money on it. if you had tons of test no results of any disease. Wow sounds like your doctor loves you and your money. He should of done an ultrasound of your gallbladder in the first place. He will find stones and sludge. Hey sorry he put you through all of this. Anyways good luck to you bud. I can't wait for your results.

• Posted

it's your gallbladder I bet any money on it. if you had tons of test no results of any disease. Wow sounds like your doctor loves you and your money. He should of done an ultrasound of your gallbladder in the first place. He will find stones and sludge. Hey sorry he put you through all of this. Anyways good luck to you bud. I can't wait for your results.

• Posted

Does an ultra sound detect sludge? how accurate are they? I read on here that someone did an ultra sound test on their gallbladder 3 times and had 3 different results.

• Posted

Ive only done ultra sound once and they sadly didnt find anything a few months ago, Ive kind of accepted the fact that I gotta get it done.

• Posted

I have seen three ultra sounds on my gall bladder. the first was in the secret service and did not tell me a thing..... when I asked him have I got any stones he said yes we will send the report to your doctor! The second ultrasound was done by a very clever and forthcoming lady radiologist who showed me the screen and my gall stones that she said were floating. She also said the stone that was 17mm was now 10mm and there were two instead of 5 which were existing the previous 6 months ago.

The next ultrasound was to confirm if I had any gall stones at all but the screen was like a foggy day in North Walses! The young doctor said I can see gall stones so I said how many he said he could not say! I firmly believe he was a liar.

• Posted

If you get the right tech who does the test. Yes they can see sludge and polyps and of course stones. I have never heard of doing an ultrasound with 3 different results. Some techs are not trained well I guess. And the doctors who read these tests. I had my ultrasound at hospital and they found multiple stones and bad sludge. only one test friend and one result. Hope you get a qualified tech. Again Good Luck and healthier days friend. Keep us posted ok.

• Posted

Hi,

How are you? Will you update us on what you decide to do ? I have surgery scheduled for the end of the month.. terrified but I'm in the same boat as you. No other answers.

• Posted

right now im trying herbal remedies (beta tcp, hcl plus, livitrite, and chromium picolinate) theyve helped a lot (try livitrite first) mainly just eat meats for a week and if thats what helps then keep doing it and find someone who specializes in it.

• Posted

My HIDA scan said I was 75% full which the normal range is between 35 and 75 so is that enough evidence to get it out?

• Posted

Dear austin 28 28 Please tell us =full of what? acid sludge or full of stones? Why did the ultrasound not confirm stones?

• Posted

I had mine out 15 years ago. I am taking Colestipol twice a day for the diarrhea I have. I would exhaust all other treatments and tests before having it out. I was in a lot of pain and was very nauseated at the time so I thought having it out was the way to go. Also, urged by the surgeon but now I wish I had looked for other solutions.It is a problem to always have to be careful about what you eat and where the nearest bathroom is in case you get diarrhea. It is another huge problem that I didn't bargain for nor would wish on my worst enemy.I don't know what other options are out there for you but once it is gone, you could get stuck with a new problem like I have.

Praying for you to get good relief from your suffering.

• Posted

That is a reality we all face. Either you are worse than you were before removal or better after surgery. The majority here all had good outcomes. There are no other treatments for gallbladder disease. It's up to you and your diet as to how well you want to feel. I am eating healthier than I have before my surgery. That's a good thing. Stay healthy and Good Luck on your surgery.

• Posted

Dear Moderator for this site, You have deleted my response and if you don't mind can you please advise me on why you have done this? I do not have any idea why you would delete anything I had stated, and I would sincerely like to know what I said that would warrant deletion, please. I had only stated helpful information that could potentially help others who may be suffering with similar gall bladder & digestive issues. I have never had anything I have ever stated on any site nor any venue that has ever been cause for deletion, and I would like to know so that I never repeat whatever it was which warranted your deleting my comments, please? You can Gmail me at my Gmail address if you would prefer to keep this private. I sincerely apologize if I stated something that was not allowed which I was not aware of. Thank you in advance. C.Hurley

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.