should I have been having smear tests

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am 67 and have not had a smear test since I was about 48 I had total hysterectomy age 45 and was on HRT until 62 when I had Heart Surgery and had to come off HRT immediately. I am 67 now.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I think the NHS is getting better. When in a hurry I can have the bloods done today. I am just waiting until later in week as the queue at the Heamatology Clinic is horrendous on a Monday. Appt for diabetes check is an annual one done regularly along with my Angina check up. Called a yellow clinic. I will also be having eye tests, podiatry tests as well in the next month. I sometimes feel a bit guilty about the cost to the NHS but then I have paid into it for most of my life.

I think a lot of things are improving for everyone since the invention of the computer. We finally have a voice.

Have a lovely day. C xx

• Posted

chrisy

good luck with all your tests... and have a lovely afternoon... Jay x. 😐

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.