Should i have gallbladder out ?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi , ive had what appears to be 3 gallbladder attacks in 1 month scans show i have gallstones .

My attacks are severe back pain come on approx 2 am in the mornings , i have no stomach pain been taken to emergency 3 times and ive been given surgery date for 22 jan 2018. Things have settled down but sometimes i have very little energy and feel slightly unwell . Im wondering should i postpone the opp see if things settle ?

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Why do people have diarrhea issues ?

Is it diet ?

So the sooner i have it out lessons the chance of this problem ?

Ive now met several people now that have no problems wonder why there s a difference ?

Im still very worried and going for another chat with my doctor tomorrow .

Regards toohp

• Posted

Toohp

no not at all what makes you think this I wonder !

after gallbladder removal the people who have diarrhoea I believe it’s because their liver is producing too much bile !

unlike my situation, which is quite the opposite and I am extremely constipated,

so I assume this could be because my liver is not producing enough bile !

oh and I waited 17 years to have mine out !!!

• Posted

YOU WOULD BE WISE TO HAVE YOUR GALLBLADDER REMOVED.   .I DELT WITH THE PAIN FOR YEARS ,TILL  20 YEARS AGO ,A STONE BLOCKED THE DUCT OF MY PANCREAS. THEN 10 WEEKS IN THE HOSPITAL. 2 MONTHS AFTER THAT TO RECOVER. TOLD THE ODDS ARE ABOUT 30 % YOU WILL SURIVE  THE OPERATION, FROM GETTING MY PANCREASE AND GALLBLADDER REMOVED . CUT HIP TO HIP, 11 HOURS ON THE OPERATING TABLE. 5 DAYS IN A COMA. LOSS OF 85 POUNDS FROM NO FOOD FOR 10 WEEKS AND NOW A FULL DIABEDIC. AND OH THE UNBELIEVABLE PAIN!!! DOING IT AGAIN THAT GALLBLADDER WOULD HAVE BEEN OUT AT LUNCH. DENNIS 
    • Posted

Airborne.

wow what a story , and that was 20 years ago ? 

Go you clap 👏 👏 

‘and how are you now I wonder ?

• Posted

JUST TURNED 60 AND  GOING STRONG. TOOK ME ABOUT TWO YEARS TO GAIN THE WEIGHT BACK. AFTER 8 WEEKS AT HOME WENT TO WORK LIKE I  HAD NEVER STOPPED. GREAT DOCTOR AND HOSPITAL. I AM A DIABEDIC BUT NO COMPLICATIONS. OTHER THAN THAT, JUST A HUGE SCAR. THE REASON I WAS ON THIS ,MY WIFE HAS A 90% BLOCKAGE FROM A HUGE STONE. AND SHE IS GOING TO HAVE HER GALLBLADDER REMOVED IN 10 DAYS. SHE HAS NOT BEEN FEELING WELL FOR A WHILE. AND THIS IS A NO BRAINER. GOOD LUCK AND HAVE A ICE CREAM SHAKE WHEN ITS OVER.
  • Posted

So i had a more detailed scan today .

It show s at least 5 gallstones but doctor said there s probally more behind the scan shaddowing .

Also shows some thickening od the gallbladder wall .

So i guess thats it has to come out ?

Still have no further pain but sounds like that will come ?

Cheers

• Posted

THEY DO THIS OPERATION NOW LIKE CHANGING THEIR SOCKS. AND YOU REALLY DO NOT NEED THE GALLBLADDER. 
  • Posted

Thanks
  • Posted

Have your surgery. You got this far take advantage of this. Having gallbladder attacks aren't fun. Things won't get better by themselves. I suffered for over a year having bad digestion feeling sick real fatigued. After my surgery I was relieved no nausea or pain. If I would I do it again. Good Luck .

• Posted

Ok im 6 days post gallbladder opp , going ok ive got 1 lower entry point thats a bit sore .

I had a hernia in my belly button so they fixed that at the same time .

I did have a complication they kept me in overnight went home the next day but 30 mins to 1 hr after being home i tried eating some soup.

Had a massive pain attack in the gut as well as chest pain and sweats so went straight back into hosp and remained there for another 3 days , still not surd what happened but all ok now .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.