Should I lie in bed all day?

Posted , 5 users are following.

If I rest for a really long time the pain starts to slow down, but as soon as I do more walking(doing house work and other day to day activities) the pain gets bad again. Idk what to do, I feel like I can’t lie in bed all day, my muscles would become too weak and my knees as well. Do you have any advice. Doctor referred me to physiotherapist and I’m still waiting to get an appointment.

Additional information:

-pain on the left and sometimes right side of the knee cap

- doesn’t swell

- burning sensation in knees sometimes 

- tightness 

- no KR for anyone wondering 

- I’ve only had X-ray and blood test which both came back fine

- I’ve not been officially diagnosed, pain has come back over the years every time I tried to squat or do any leg exercises. This time it doesn’t seem to go away like always so it’s probably got more severe

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Maria, my knees feeling no better, I am considering restarting anti inflammatory meds again for longer this time . Last time I tried it  had no effect I could notice apart from feeling sickly and heavy headed. (Diclofenac 75) The best is ice. When it hurts much I can keep it for an hour without discomfort. 

I am not planing to go back to work until I see consultant in 3 weeks time and get more advice. Even if I would go back to work I know wouldn’t last long. Still don’t know how this gonna go how will I ever manage again. 

Gonna do exercises I had from Physio and some more from net, take meds for another 3 weeks and I will see. 

When do u see your physio? 

What did you do to get that MCL sprain? Did you used to exercise regularly? 

• Posted

Hi Maria, my knees feeling no better, I am considering restarting anti inflammatory meds again for longer this time . Last time I tried it  had no effect I could notice apart from feeling sickly and heavy headed. (Diclofenac 75) The best is ice. When it hurts much I can keep it for an hour without discomfort. 

I am not planing to go back to work until I see consultant in 3 weeks time and get more advice. Even if I would go back to work I know wouldn’t last long. Still don’t know how this gonna go how will I ever manage again. 

Gonna do exercises I had from Physio and some more from net, take meds for another 3 weeks and I will see. 

When do u see your physio? 

What did you do to get that MCL sprain? Did you used to exercise regularly? 

• Posted

Don’t forget that pain medication doesn’t solve the actual problem, they are just masking it. That’s why I’m trying to stay away from them because they are bad for my gut and at the end of the day, the pain comes back when the effect wears off. I think you will be able to exercise again but not as much as you used to. 

I don't know when or if I am seeing them anymore as it’s been a while and I’ve not heard back. I have an appointment with my gp on the 11th.

I don’t think I have an MCL sprain as I didn’t have an MRI to confirm it. It’s probably something else that has gotten more severe. My problem came with squatting as I think I mentioned in my post.

Take care!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.