Should I rip this HRT patch off ?????

Posted , 8 users are following.

Such a low day and thinking if I should rip this HRT patch off ?? Is it causing my depression or is it not ??? 

Before the patch I could not function I was constantly dizzy and light headed I could never fully ‘wake up’ and was ready for bed at 4.30pm .

After almost 4 weeks on the patch I feel better generally but the depression ....wow.  

this is all too much HRT BHRT ... going through it naturally ... I just don’t know what to do . 😩😩😩😩

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Lori

You know yourself better than anyone... Maybe this particular patch isn't for you. I Would get in touch with your doctor and see what they advise. If the depression is proving too hard to cope with, they may offer something else. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time, you're never alone. Not sure what time it is where you are, but try to relax have a bath, listen to some music, get some fresh air, read, meditate...... Anything to switch the focus and lift your mood. Don't suffer though, call your gp xxx

• Posted

Yes I try to workout every day but when you’re alone 24/7 it’s tough . I have epsom salt bath most evenings which is great for sleep . And yes will call her tomorrow .... boy this is a rolllercoaster ride . 
  • Posted

Lori, you are having a rough time. I've never tried HRT or BHRT so I can't give advice on that. I have felt the depression though and it's scary. You should talk to your doctor, it's what's best for you and depression to me is worse than being tired. I truly hope it all gets better for you soon.

• Posted

Hi Lori, try taking Vitamin D3 immediately, and a vegetarian multivitamin. I would suggest you rip it off but get some Maca before doing it. Maca will help level off your hormones. It really works but you need to start it a day or 2 after taking off the patch, if that's what you want to do. I was low dose bcp's which really helped me, I refused to using a patch as a matter of preference. However, I'm surprised your doctor hasn't followed up on you to see how you're doing. My doctor called me at 4 weeks after being BHRT, where I was having no change in my symptoms so she switched me to bcp's but I had to wait 2 weeks before starting them. May I ask why you haven't consulted with your physician- it would seem vitally important to get off this patch and try something new imho. Get red Maca for women. Hopefully this will work for you as it did for me.

• Posted

Yes will call her tomorrow ... can’t go on like this . May try just cutting the patch in half as I’m sensitive to medication . I take vitamins every day including d3 and a multi for women and have some maca powder albeit a bit old .. 

not sure what a BCP is ? I only went on the patch as I was so dizzy and ready for bed at 5pm.  I’m considering just getting on a plane to anywhere ... but if you don’t feel right at home then you’re not going to feel any better in a hotel room . 

• Posted

Lori, by all means if you feel that bad get off the patch asap. I was on a low dose birth control pill for perimenopausal women aka bcp. It was great except that it took a few different pills until my body liked one that stabilize my mood swings. You probably need to find the right one as well. My logic is that if it doesn't make me feel good then there's no point in taking it. In fact, get it away from me asap. Your body is obviously telling you somethings not right so why go against it?

• Posted

Yes I was such a mess before though tired dizzy and faint everywhere I went .... it was a nightmare. I just feel sad as weeks months are passing by . Wondered if we should just try to go through this naturally . It’s such a mysterious ‘thing’ and everybody is just trying  to figure it out . 
  • Posted

One thing I can tell you is that thin women have it really rough with menopause and mood.

I know that because I personally am thin and have seen many patients that are too and suffer big time. (I'm not a provider but I'm the medical field)

so I see it up close and personal.

I'm uncomfortable saying or telling you what to do I only know from my personal experience that I truly gave it a go for many months and I was on the weird train and had to get off.

Xoxo

• Posted

Yes I’m in really good shape and pretty thin... that’s so weird I would never have guessed that ? I’m going to talk to dr tomorrow but good to know that it made you weird too. It’s helped immensely with the dizziness and fatigue but the dark moods are awful. 
    • Posted

Please stop spreading lies, this type of conjecture lends to false information. Plenty of overweight women have the same issue, me being one of them and several other women I know personally and some patients who used to come to the clinic.
    • Posted

Excuse me?

Re-read my post before responding with harsh words.

Definitely not supportive and does not have a place here in the forums.

Xoxox

• Posted

I also come from the medical field, in fact medical research in a clinical environment to be exact and worked in a women's clinic as a physician's nurse. Your information is still skewed as this type of information is false.

• Posted

If the depression is something new, I would call the doctor and tell him/her about it...you might need progesterone or a thyroid hormone...you'll feel alot better if your thyroid is in the upper ranges and not the lower...doctors keep testing but as long as you're 'in range' they call it good but it's not...that along with balancing your hormones will make a world of difference.

• Posted

I just got everything tested . Super healthy apart from b12 a bit low and need more salt .

Which you think would be great news but when you still feel awful .... not that great. 

• Posted

I just want to come in you and Lori for being a superhero and bringing up topics that most women do not like to talk about.

Perimenopause and menopause affects all of us women with different backgrounds shapes and sizes it's all very difficult regardless.

You will find a reprieve just stay the course, go by your gut, ask the questions, get back with your doctor and know that it will improve over time.

You've got us here. I'm in it with you.

Xoxox

• Posted

Omg

Sorry for that Dreadful typo.

Meant to say:

I want to COMMEND you. !

Yikes, that's what you get I guess when you talk at a phone rolleyes

• Posted

Mauiblue

Your typo cheered me up no end smile surprised it got through moderation xx

• Posted

Thanks Sassy

I was mortified that a typo would translate that way and then i almost wanted to laugh hysterically, right?

Im glad i cheered you up! 

x0x0x 

• Posted

Well at least you know that your typo made a difference! I'm still laughing about it, bless your heart ? xx

• Posted

Omg you just made me laugh ... it’s been  a while 🤣 since I laughed and been a while with the other thing too.... I’m single 🤣

• Posted

I'm so glad I made you laugh! I was mortified at first and then I thought it was hysterical later.

Yes long time alone for me as well.

• Posted

Xoxo

Laughter is in fact one of the best medicines!

• Posted

I know ! I miss the old me always jokey never really depressed . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.