should i try mirtazapine for my chronic insomnia if i'm not depressed?

Posted , 9 users are following.

interested in trying generic Remeron for my chronic insomnia. has anyone had experience withe generic Remeron for insomnia not caused by depression?

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

my experience with this drug was great until wanted off my dr did not suggest i get off f so i weaned myself off had lots of withdrawels for bout 6 weeks hell! but for 3 years it worked great! i also could not take any of the above mentioned drugs i did not gain any weight either as i excersized and ate healthy most of time i now sleep bout 5 hrs then self sooth also take homeopathic rescue sleep it is a spray it does help for few hrs my advice to u is to go with your gut feeling and if u r sleeping less than 2 to 3 hrs take sonething whether its generic remeron or another drug probably mist drugs r hard to wean off good luck u r going to fet a lo of different opionions on this site based on everyones experiences and it could b quite stressful

• Posted

thank you - during your withdrawals did you experience rebound insomnia? also, are you in America/

• Posted

oh and did you have the bad insomnia during yoiur witdrawals?

• Posted

yes very bad but took melatonin helped a bit then stopped it was hell burning on body sweating anxiety depression but i stopped after cutting pill into maybe 1 and half mg used to weigh the pill on jewellery scale but i perservered and now i am fine its different for everyone now u have everyones info make desiicion go with your intuition and gut feeling it will tell u what to do good luck

• Posted

i used a pill cutter bought a CHEAP JEWELKERY SCALE ON amazon weighed tge pull and kept cutting it but if u gave not yet taken it why cut it ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.