Should I use ibuprofen for my eyes?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi just a little advice,

I have had pink eye for over 6 months now with nearly no irritation at all. I have read that a few people took ibuprofen for something else but cleared their eyes up aswell. Can i try this safely even though i have no aches etc just purely for my eyes?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes - Despite what other people have said on here it could possibly be the best thing. (Wondering if the other commentors work for Visine.)  Depending on the condition of the red eye and how you got it, ibuprofen will work magically.  Most red eyes are caused by inflation of the blood vessals in the eyes.  Ibuprofen is a non steroidal anti inflamitory...those last two words are key! Your friends red eye was probably do to inflimation of the blood vessals in eyes, they took an anti-inflamitory and welllllla!  Being that its OTC and pretty safe, its worth trying! Being that this is 8 months old, what did you end up doing for it?  Let me know if the ibuprofen thing works for you. Thanks and Good Luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.