Shoulder arm wrist back

Posted , 5 users are following.

3 mo of worst pain.  5 low back hernias failed surgery.   Broke wrist twice in life and shoulder arm has 5 diagnoses all getting worse.   Shoulder impingement.  Bone islands.  Scherlosis. Tendinitis and arthritis.   Also 3 stomach wrap surgeries so how do I accept I’m dying from this? Pain not managed as all r called drug seekers to protect bad docs.   We die on their dime.  

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Cancelled today’s surgery due to considering another surgeon who uses dissolvable anchors over permanent ones.   
    • Posted

ugh.  not sure what to say.  hope it goes well!
    • Posted

I think the permanent anchors are a must because the tissue does not heal on its own. I would do some research before canceling 
    • Posted

Permanent ones r cheaper yet after don’t think patient can have mris.   Biodegradable ones dissolve in 1-2 yrs and hold up well as many USA surgeons use.  Guess there r pros/cons to both.  
    • Posted

You are right Nancy.  Most surgeons in the US use the dissolvable anchors.  They started doing that because too  many times the surgeon  had to go in and remove the permanent ones as they caused problems, i.e. the anchor migrated to an area of the shoulder and caused a sharp painful catching.  It's the same reason many times a surgeon removes hardware in,  for  instance, a broken bone that has a plate and/or screws.   Later they cause pain and have to be removed.  Just my opinion, but I think you are smart to go with the biodegradable ones.  By the time  they dissolve, 1 to 2 years, the tissues are healed and the bone has grown up and over where the tendon was reattached.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.