Shoulder pain....anyone heal?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have a type 2 slap tear. Doctors said they cannot do surgery because it's not big. 

I feel on the shoulder in July, had a frozen shoulder unfroze in August, I have been doing PT for 5 weeks. I have pain almost constantly, plus my other arm is starting to hurt because I have to use it more.

I'm feel hopeless and depressed. It's been 1 year since slap tear, 2 month since fall, 5 weeks since unfroze.

I have tendinitis and bursitis in my shoulder.

I just want some hope. Has anyone had relief from PT?

My PT said he has seen patients make full recovery.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had RC op on right shoulder Oct 16 and type 2 tear on left Dec 16. I was terrified I would need an op on left but 7 months of physio and strengthening it's now as good as my repaired shoulder and continues to get stronger. So hang on in there!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.