SHRINKING

Posted , 8 users are following.

Does everything shrink along with your vagina? This is driving me nuts! I think everything below is. Is anybody else having this problem in post menopause? I am 57. I love having sex. But, this is major problem.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Unfortunately the drop in Estrogen (and even testosterone) may cause the shrinkage. You can try FabuVag vaginal moisturizer, which is non-hormonal. If that doesn't help you may have to resort to Estrogen and Testosterone vaginal Cream. Please let me know if you have any questions. I actually specialize in female hormones and sexual dysfunction

• Posted

Hi sharPharmD

Do you know if I use vagifem pessaries, does the estrogen reach the uterus? Or stay local? I have been advised to not use hrt patches as I have fibroids and the hrt feeds the fibroids.

• Posted

I am already on estradiol patch biweekly and p. hormone. I started using estrace cream. Got down to twice a week on estrace and still some what dry. Then, I ended up with a uti went into kidney infection landed me in hospital. So, I don't know should I start back on estrace? Thank you for responding.

• Posted

i understand that some of the oestrogen in vagifem gets absorbed systemically but nowhere near the amount if hormones are taken orally.
    • Posted

Will estrace help with the shrinking of the vag. and clit? I know it helps with dryness. Thanks.
    • Posted

I have never had mine checked. It has never been mentioned by my doctor. I go for a follow up soon. Maybe sooner. How do women take testosterone? I am learning more about my sexual health now. But, there is so many questions. They tell females about sex atleast they did when I was growing up, having babies and taking care of them. But, somewhere I missed out on the info on menopause and postmenopause. What it does to your vag. and clit. and your sex life. I am so sorry I am rambling on. Thank you so much. I will probably have more questions.

• Posted

Good morning

I was looking for your email where you sent me all the new meds for curing BV...the vaginal cream inserts as well as the pills;could you please list them again. Have a blessed day and thanks in advanced

Teri

• Posted

I was having the same problem. Dry vag, felt too tight during sex, sex became painful. I am now on ovestin cream which very rapidly restored me to having a much younger looking plump vulva, more elasticity in the vag, more natural lubrication and wonderful sex again!
    • Posted

I was using estrace. I don't know should I go back to it? I do not have many options. Thank you. I don't like the shrinking in ALL areas one bit! Thanks again.

• Posted

Is estrace a cream that you insert into your vagina? Why did you stop? The risks are far lower than with systemic oestrogen.
    • Posted

Yes, you insert the cream vaginally. I had stopped when I was in the hospital for a kidney infection. I couldn't use it while I had an infection. Before the kidney infection, there was an uti. So, I haven't got back on track. Tonight, I am starting back. The HRT has made a huge difference in my life. Now if I can get my vag. and clit on track I will be a happy lady!

• Posted

I think I would use a non hormonal vaginal moisturiser on your other bits and use the  estrace internally. Only my opinion, hopefully no more uti's. 

Good luck, we'll be thinking of you!  Jealously! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.