SIBO /IBS put on Augmentin for 14 days

Posted , 3 users are following.

Terrified of being on more antibiotics any suggestions on how to control the diarrhea and upset tummy? Food ,probiotics, any suggestions or help! Plus I have anxiety from the DD. ??🤒

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

vickie if I remember correctly you can't take Immodium your diet is extremely limited I do my cat scan Wednesday morning and appointment with GI I will b persistent trying to get answers that may help you ! I hope the Augmentum doesn't cause you diahrea I can't sleep past 6 a.m. I will b googling for answers I believe UK is middle of the night now you will have more answers in the morning Get some sleep and try not to stress!

• Posted

Thank you sweetie, I didn't know you are in UK. I'm in Oregon USA. Hope your cat scan is a positive one and you are feeling better. I've got probiotics and probiotic foods along with prebiotic foods to help me get through the antibiotics. Dr said to just eat low fodmap diet for now. Not worry about changing diet yet. I just hate antibiotics make me feel worse and wipe me out. Prayers for all good news for you this week. Hugs 😇

• Posted

Hi vickie can you take pepto bismal My post last night was confusing 🤐When I first started using this forum I got really good advice and it seemed most replys were from the UK My thought was some of the people whom have had DD much longer than us would give diahrea advice today I live in Northern Colorado half way up a mountain Stand alone solar nearest neighbors about 3 miles away Anyway I hope your doing better today My thoughts are with you 🙃

• Posted

Hi vickie bad news from GI infection is back Ciprofloxacin and Flagyll again my small intestine and colon are stuck together my kidneys and blatter are inflamed The surgeon office will call me tomorrow to set up appointment and surgery date I still have to do colonoscopy next Wednesday to rule out colon cancer GI wants surgeon to do surgery on me the 20th! Part of my colon has to go I will know more after I meet with surgeon Kind of freaked out my first infection was May 6 moving so fast I cried for 10 minutes and then went and picked up my antibiotics 😥😢😔

• Posted

😢😥😭Oh no I am so so sorry, that really sucks! Sounds like effection never went away. Try to be positive, maybe it’s for the best and you can get back to a normal life. Feel better again. I hear a lot of people do better after the surgery. I know if I have another Flare I’ve alread decided to go for surgery. And with this SIBO really sucks. I would think they would pass on doing colonoscopy they can do all that while having surgery. I’d double check on that. My thoughts and prayers are with you sweetie. The 20th is right around corner it’ll go by fast and you’ll be great! Stay strong ! Keep me updated I’m here for ya. 🙏??🌸🌺

• Posted

Wow I wanna come live with you, sounds beautiful, do you get a lot of snow? I grew up in Minnesota. 
    • Posted

Wish there was a way we could hook up by email, Facebook, or phone. 
    • Posted

Winter last year not to bad I've been snowed in for 3 or 4 days in the past I would have to chain up to get off the mountain I am so scared vickie nauseous and diahrea this morning only slept 4 hours GI doc said colonoscopy has to be done to rule out colon cancer she was talking so fast and medical terminology it was like a blur She said she has never seen so many changes in cat scan with only a month intervil She is very concerned about the cancer factor Hopefully surgeon office will call me this morning My boyfriend is heading back to Colorado today he works in Texas should be back by 8 p.m. tonight it's a 12 hour drive

• Posted

I’d be scared to sweetie, try to keep on liquids, beef bone broth, you know the routine, and your vitamins and probiotics. Rest , Tylenol and heating pad, do you journal? Or have hobbies? Read books, watch TV. Maybe make a list of things you need to pack for when you go to hospital so your boyfriend can help with that. Do u have someone there with you, to help till he gets home. I cannot even imagine what your going through but try to stay positive and de- stress, I know that’s hard. And scary. But I believe in my heart the surgery is your cure and will help you get your life back. As for the colonoscopy I feel your gut cannot handle it right now and they can do that test during surgery. I’d wait . Hope GI calls you soon and gets things in order. Wish I was there to help you, but just know I’m here for you and huge hugs and prayers. Keep me posted ok. And know it’s ok to just lay around do nothing but cry, be angry, scared. P****d. Let it all out. Scream ! 🙏😢??

• Posted

Thanks vickie I will lay in bed and watch t.v. I don't have anyone here but I'm used to that I have chickens there coup is a city block from house that will get me a little walking in This infection is different than my last two I'm not doubled over just period type of cramping serious lower back pain No fever Thanks for all of your suggestions I do need to figure out things to take to hospital I hope your dietian gave you idea's on how to safety and painlessly make eating more enjoyable I'll keep you posted Have a good day and with low anxiety ?

• Posted

Hi sweetie, Just checking in see how your doing. Any luck with GI Dr? Thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way. Today I’m feeling really bloated and uncomfortable, not sure what to do for relief, already tried teas, gas x, so frustrating. Well keep me posted hope you’re ok. 🌸🌺🤗🙏

• Posted

Hi vickie 🙂I'm not so hot today Surgeon said no more laxatives I haven't had bowel movement since yesterday afternoon and you poor thing we are in same situation my thoughts are with you GI doc wanted to up my colonoscopy to Monday instead of Wednesday I declined My surgery will b Wednesday the 24th at 11 YIKES lots of nausea with this flare I feel like I'm going to explode if no bowel movement by Morning I will have to take Metamucil UUGGG Thanks for your support I hope you start feeling better!!!

• Posted

Oh my this is happening fast for you, which is a good positive thing, you will be better with no more pain. Just recovery time then poof all better. Something to look forward to. 🤗 In the moment though I know it’s hard to not be anxious. So you are not doing colonoscopy at all? That’s a good thing in my opinion unless they find it absolutely necessary before surgery. Have you tried Brags Apple cider vinegar with warm water? Chamomile or peppermint teas. I just found some good smoothies recipes on Pinterest for bloating gas constipation. Ones without dairy or coconut milk. Metamucil I take every other day. Well I’m praying for you and hope you can get some relief. Did they give you something for pain or anxiety? 🙏🌺🌸

• Posted

Unfortunately I still have to do colonoscopy next Wednesday the 18 she gave me Percocet i will try the mentioned items for constipation Thanks 😶

• Posted

Hope you had a good night, I did not sleep the antibiotics aren’t being nice to me. When you learn how to private message , maybe you can let me know how or just send me a message. Prayers for a good day. 🤗🙏

• Posted

Hi vickie antibiotics taking a toll on me this time I like you only got 4 hours of sleep lm sorry your augmentum is doing a number on you ! I googled my antibiotics it suggests ginger tea to help stomach anti nausea medicine doesn't seem to be working Try to get some sleep today and I hope you start feeling better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.