SIBO /IBS put on Augmentin for 14 days

Posted , 3 users are following.

Terrified of being on more antibiotics any suggestions on how to control the diarrhea and upset tummy? Food ,probiotics, any suggestions or help! Plus I have anxiety from the DD. ??🤒

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was on antibiotics for 5 years due to Divertilictis .. it was horrible journey.. 

ispaghol which is a husk flakes that can help with diahorrea.. u can purchase it from a herbal store or even in a Asian food supermarket .. avoid high fibre food that causes havoc..   low fibre food diet would be ideal to follow.. hope you feel better soon.. 

• Posted

Thank you, I’m on 5th day antibiotics and have constipation not diarrhea so weird. Saw dietitian yesterday and I’m on stage one of SIBO diet. For 2 weeks. This is a no carb or sugar diet, very restricted diet. Very low fiber. Then I go to stage 2 of SIBO diet for up to 3 months. So messed up. SIBO is very hard to get rid of. It’s just like IBS. They go hand in hand. And my GI Dr isn’t up to date on proper treatment, so I’m trying to see a SIBO Dr. And a new dietitian that is only GI . 😢🙏

• Posted

Alm , 5 years on Antibiotics, how did you handle that, how did you restore your gut flora? Probiotics? Prebiotic? Supplements? Any suggestions would be great. The Augmentin is really messing me up. I only poo 1 x a day and get bloated and gassy with tummy ache, no appetite but hungry. Causing my anxiety to be high. Did you have surgery or develope any other tummy issues? I heard Diverticulitis IBS and SIBO or Candida can all be associated. I have Severe Diverticulosis and now small trace SIBO. Any suggestions for helping me get through being on antibiotics. Sorry so many questions but I’m just looking for help from someone who has gone through this crap. Dr. Are clueless at times. Hope you are in better health 🤗🙏🌺🌸

• Posted

Forgot to ask about diet, I was on Low FodMat diet and slowly adding more fiber, then got SIBO so now on no carbs or sugar or dairy or fiber for 2 weeks. I’ve lost 40 lbs in 5 months, but not malnourished. Boy I miss my coffee, chocolate, and popcorn. Big lifestyle changes with mind and gut. 
    • Posted

Hi Vikki it was hell.. I was a full time carer for my youngest child with special needs .. most of days I used to spend all night in bathroom cos of pain in gut with lots of cries.. and some days I was knocked out due to strong pain killer... sugar, high fibre foods, seeds , used to cause havoc and it put me off food and lost so much weight .. i was on waiting list for surgery .. my dad passed away and that caused me stress and it made me so ill that I end up in hospital and thy pushed my surgeon todo my surgery .. I had surgery 2 yrs ago and I had stoma on for 1 yr which was reveresed last August and now I’m feeling so much better but I have hernia near my abdomen area which needs another op soon.. for gassy pain I used to take buscopan tabs twice a day .. n to keep infection under control I used to stick to soft begs like carrots potatoes and have it with grilled fish or chkn , egg with cucumber cod I was limited with food choices .. no spices or any dressings cos sugar , vinegar used to trigger off my symptoms .. I used to avoid dairy full fat milk I used to have lactose free milk , lactose free butter and yogurts 
    • Posted

What a horrible journey for you, my grandson is a special needs boy also, he is 2 1/2. My diet was also mashed soft veggies and potatoes and yams. But now with SIBO it’s carb dairy sugar free low to no fiber. So frustrating. You’ve had a long hard journey hope and prayers you find comfort and heal 🤗🙏🌺

• Posted

Aww bless .. thankyou for your kind words.. it means a lot.. hope you feel better soon.. with lots of prayers for u too.. 🙌🙏🏻

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.