Sick of feeling sick!

Posted , 5 users are following.

So my symptoms are getting the better of me and I really need to tell my story to get advice. I'm truly convinced I'm dying, and that the doctors haven't found what it is and I'm going to be one of those rare cases where doctors think I'm perfectly healthy but really I'm not and I'm going to drop down dead.

I've had chest pain for the past 2 months, stomach pain for the past 6 weeks and headaches for the past 3 weeks. My doc is referring me to a cardiologist because he's worried about my heart palpatations but I could be waiting months, which is making me terrified something will happen to me in the meantime. But I don't think the chest pain is heart related, I think it's my lungs. I'm sure I have a blood clot on my lung. I have chest pain and an awful cough. Doc thinks costochondritis & pleurisy combo but I'm not convinced. Oh I'm also getting pain in my upper back, in the area of the back of my rib cage.

Stomach pains started with a pain severe enough to wake me from my sleep (right side of stomach only). I went to A&E/ER and they were concerned it was my appendix or a possible stomach bug or UTI. Urine sample showed blood but no UTI, blood test showed high WBC's but that was about it. In the end they sent me home shrugging the pain off as a stomach bug. 6 weeks later and I still have stomach pain, it varies from sharp to dull to crampy, can occur during or shortly after food but can also occur out of the blue. The pain is spreading to my lower back. I haven't the foggiest idea what is causing the pain and I'm going to have to wait at least 2 weeks for an appointment with my doctor.

The chest pain, upper back pain, stomach pain, lower back pain and headaches are all getting on top of me. They're making my anxiety go haywire and I have no control over my life anymore. I just want someone to take me seriously and help me get to the bottom of all this pain but the docs know I have anxiety and are either patronising or annoyed because they feel I'm making everything up sad

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi chenise

sorry you are going through all this health stuff. Yes health issues are anxiety provoking and scary when you don't know what is going on. 

You are like me worring about health issues when there is nothing wrong. 

You need to focus on the good things in life and forget about your pain. 

Have you ever had acid reflux Gerd that can cause stomach discomfort, chest pain and palpitations and a cough look into that you may just have a bad case of acid reflux that could be causing your symptoms believe me i have gerd acid reflux and there is a lot of foods I have to stay away from 

Try to think positive and not so negative 

• Posted

When I went to the hospital with the chest pain they said as well as the costochondritis and pleurisy they believe I've had problems with acid reflux. But I never knew it could cause so much pain and palpatations?
    • Posted

yes, it can, it can be very painful and scary.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.